My Review of the JBA 2.5 Lift with the tires i chose and Pic attached of my final Rig - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > My Review of the JBA 2.5 Lift with the tires i chose and Pic attached of my final Rig

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
bigworm36
2011 JK Wrangler 

My Review of the JBA 2.5 Lift with the tires i chose and Pic attached of my final Rig

So I did know much about lifts when I first decided I want to lift my liberty. I spent alot of time on here reading other peoples reviews and researching about lifts and stuff. So i decided to go with the JBA 2.5 lift. I do not know much about cars but I would have to say the actual installation of the lift was fairly easy. Took me and my friend about 8 hours. I would have to say the hardest part of installing the lift was getting the ball joints loose, getting screws out and assembling the screws back in place. I did not know I was going to have to take the whole knuckle off on the front which took the most time. Installing the rear springs and shocks was very easy. The ride with the new lift is stiffer but thats what I expected. The instuctions were a little confusing at times but thats probably cause I was not familar with everything. Any ways I ended up going with 265/75/16 good year duratracs which is a great tire. There is not much noise at all from these tires and they ride great. I did have to pound in the pinch weld a little and do some fender trimming on the inside of the wheel well. There is still a little minor rubbing but instead of cutting the plastic I decided to just leave it since it was not a big deal. I ended up putting on Hoss XD 795 wheels (16x7) Anyways I hope this review helps anyone thinking about getting a lift. I super excited to try the new mods on the trails. Let me know what you guys think

lifted11.jpg  

Current- 2011 Rubicon Unlimited
bigworm36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

Looks great and congrats. I've thoroughly enjoyed my JBA 2.5" lift for coming up on 1.5 years.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
bigberto
2010 KK Liberty 

same size lift/tires i just ordered, seeing a pic of yours makes me very happy, can't wait to get mine done...
the only thing dif, is my rim/wheel is 16x8

My Wheels/Rims chosen
ProCompTires PXA 7032 Flat Black
16 x 8, 5 on 4.5Bolt Pattern

* Backspace=4.5"
* Max Load =2200 Lbs
* Finish=Flat Black
* Hub Centric = NO
* Offset = 0mm

My Tire chosen:
DickCepek Radial F-C II Size: 265/75R16

Lift: 2.5 Daystar

the guy at "4 Wheel Parts" in Charlotte, NC told me this would fit, hope it does with little mods needed...
bigberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
bigworm36
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberto View Post
same size lift/tires i just ordered, seeing a pic of yours makes me very happy, can't wait to get mine done...
the only thing dif, is my rim/wheel is 16x8

My Wheels/Rims chosen
ProCompTires PXA 7032 Flat Black
16 x 8, 5 on 4.5Bolt Pattern

* Backspace=4.5"
* Max Load =2200 Lbs
* Finish=Flat Black
* Hub Centric = NO
* Offset = 0mm

My Tire chosen:
DickCepek Radial F-C II Size: 265/75R16

Lift: 2.5 Daystar

the guy at "4 Wheel Parts" in Charlotte, NC told me this would fit, hope it does with little mods needed...

Those rims and tires should look really good. I had to do some cutting of the inner plastic on both front wheel wells so there was no rubbing when I did a full U turn. I hammered the pinch weld in as much as possible but it was still very close to rubbing. I am taking it to the body shop tommorrow and they are going to grind the pinch welds flat and weld the area and then grind it smooth and apply some anti rust coating. You may not have as big as problem as me since your treads are not as big, the pinch weld just hit the edge of the tread on the tire. I guess it wouldnt be a jeep if there werent some type of mods done. Let me know how it turns out!!

Current- 2011 Rubicon Unlimited
bigworm36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

that looks awesome ! share what you used! links included i might follow ur steps, just might go for diff rims
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
bigberto
2010 KK Liberty 

Got mine done, yeah had to do the same pinch weld thing and stuff... but i love it!!!
see my listing.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...heels-1112686/
bigberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.