My Lift Log along with other future mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > My Lift Log along with other future mods

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!1989 Jeep Wrangler Clutch Kit with Slave Cylinder for L6 41987-1995 Jeep Wrangler Mirror Manual Folding Pair

Unread 07-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
PALiftedKK
2012 KK Liberty 

My Lift Log along with other future mods

I posted this over on the lost forum, wanted to post it here as well. made some modifications to already answered questions.

Im in the middle of my research for the lift, here are the components I am currently eyeing up.

JBA Adjust-A-Struts with fox. I have not read if this will improve the KKs poor front articulation.
Front and rear bump stops.
Upper A-arms.
BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 4" Lift Rear Shocks.
track bar

All that is listed above is from JBA.

below is from http://www.ox-usa.com/
Ring & Pinion possibly going with 4.10s but depends if I want to stick with my 245s. if I "upgrade" to 265s then ill go with 4.56s.

8.25 and D30 locker from OX. im pretty set on a central air system, both lockers will utilize a solenoid.
CHRYSLER 8.25 Install Kit.

and last but not least, ATH front bumper. with prerunner hoop.

Wish listed items:
Rough Country 12000lb Electric Winch (Steel). maybe a Warn, but more interested in price to motor pulling capacity.
Curved LED light bar (Roof).
new battery, may be larger then stock 850.
rear rotor... learned my lesson
overhead console. to hold the cb, switch panel, and hvac controls.
Tow package.

I think that sums up my needs and wants for my lift.

EDIT: found the part numbers over on the jeep forum for the towing package.

@Drednot

P/N 55116884AA (fan)
P/N 52079718AD drive (clutch)

verified parts are on Mopar as of July 2015

EDIT 2: So far:

OX Chrysler 8.25 locker (AIR)
OX D30 locker (AIR)
JBA Rear springs (4")
JBA Rear bump stop
JBA Track bar
JBA 4" Rear KK Sway Bar Links
JBA Extended Front Sway Bar End Links
JBA Adjust-A-Struts with bump stops
JBA Rear Shocks (see below for more...) 0_o
ATH winch bumper
VIAIR Quarter Duty Onboard Air System (still looking for other OBA systems)

shockingly, all of this is less expensive then a JBA 4" gold package...even with the rear locker I want.

for now I am going to wait to put a tab on gears. 245s may be fine with me currently, and if so ill use 4.10s. if the 245s look odd ill go with 4.56 and 32s.

basically im almost at 5k right now... with out taxes and shipping... not looking forward to the shop install price. you may hear a girly scream from Ohio Tom!

EDIT 3: Got off the phone with marlin a few minutes ago...............................Guess what's in testing..........................

PALiftedKK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALiftedKK View Post
I posted this over on the lost forum, wanted to post it here as well. made some modifications to already answered questions.

Im in the middle of my research for the lift, here are the components I am currently eyeing up.

JBA Adjust-A-Struts with fox. I have not read if this will improve the KKs poor front articulation.
Front and rear bump stops.
Upper A-arms.
BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 4" Lift Rear Shocks.
track bar

All that is listed above is from JBA.

below is from http://www.ox-usa.com/
Ring & Pinion possibly going with 4.10s but depends if I want to stick with my 245s. if I "upgrade" to 265s then ill go with 4.56s.

8.25 and D30 locker from OX. im pretty set on a central air system, both lockers will utilize a solenoid.
CHRYSLER 8.25 Install Kit.

and last but not least, ATH front bumper. with prerunner hoop.

Wish listed items:
Rough Country 12000lb Electric Winch (Steel). maybe a Warn, but more interested in price to motor pulling capacity.
Curved LED light bar (Roof).
new battery, may be larger then stock 850.
rear rotor... learned my lesson
overhead console. to hold the cb, switch panel, and hvac controls.
Tow package.

I think that sums up my needs and wants for my lift.

EDIT: found the part numbers over on the jeep forum for the towing package.

@Drednot

P/N 55116884AA (fan)
P/N 52079718AD drive (clutch)

verified parts are on Mopar as of July 2015

EDIT 2: So far:

OX Chrysler 8.25 locker (AIR)
OX D30 locker (AIR)
JBA Rear springs (4")
JBA Rear bump stop
JBA Track bar
JBA 4" Rear KK Sway Bar Links
JBA Extended Front Sway Bar End Links
JBA Adjust-A-Struts with bump stops
JBA Rear Shocks (see below for more...) 0_o
ATH winch bumper
VIAIR Quarter Duty Onboard Air System (still looking for other OBA systems)

shockingly, all of this is less expensive then a JBA 4" gold package...even with the rear locker I want.

for now I am going to wait to put a tab on gears. 245s may be fine with me currently, and if so ill use 4.10s. if the 245s look odd ill go with 4.56 and 32s.

basically im almost at 5k right now... with out taxes and shipping... not looking forward to the shop install price. you may hear a girly scream from Ohio Tom!

EDIT 3: Got off the phone with marlin a few minutes ago...............................Guess what's in testing..........................
245s look small to me at 3.5" lol. I don't like the huge wheel well gap I have. I like low cog, big tire rigs.
Unread 07-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
PALiftedKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Measured the jeep yesterday. Front sits about 3 1/4" from stock. Rear is an inch higher then stock. Didnt think the rear springs would be shot before the front would be. When it first was lifted the front was the same as it is now and rear was about 2.5". My original idea of saving the springs for a backup is shot, those springs alonf with the front end is being sold or junked.

And marlin has a rear suspension product in testing and may have it out the end of this year or early 2016... Guess what it is!!!!!!
Unread 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Please tell me it's coilovers. I'd kill for a set. I'm pretty sure Nick is working on a rear coilover too.
Unread 07-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
PALiftedKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Please tell me it's coilovers. I'd kill for a set. I'm pretty sure Nick is working on a rear coilover too.
all he said was that testing was in effect for shocks like the adjust a struts.

to be honest, yea, rear coil overs would be cool for the rear, but would be one more expensive thing for the KK. keep the rear simple I say.

Nick; for production, or just for himself like he did with wielding his front bumper?
Unread 07-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Not sure, that's his can of worms lol. A cantilever setup would be easy on the KK, it's just a matter of figuring out spring rates, etc. I like adjustability. When I can crank my front up to 4" and then make the rear match at 3" I'll be happy.
Unread 07-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #7
PALiftedKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524
A cantilever setup would be easy on the KK, it's just a matter of figuring out spring rates, etc.

you and nick could toss that money into a KK. not sure the thousands of dollars and time would be worth it on an ifs rig...

Marlin may have thoughts on this setup as well. next time I get him on the phone or see him, ill mention it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.