my KK died on me today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > my KK died on me today

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

my KK died on me today

Funny… today I received an email from jeepforum asking me why I have spend much time without logging in and today my KK died while I was driving to work…

Jeep was running fine…. No alarms at all…. I decided to make a quick stop in a 7eleven about a minute from the office. Got in… Went back … started the engine and I returned back to the road... as I was incorporating into the highway 30 seconds on and I felt like I had no power while I was stepping up the gas….. i kept stepping on the gas and nothing! I managed to stepped outside of the road and by then the steering wheel was super hard, same as if the jeep was turned off….

I tried to start the jeep again, inserted the key, heard the bells confirming the key was in, turned the key and I had power but the engine never started….

I didn’t had icons in display at the board telling me something was wrong… I;m sensing something electrical might have failed…. I had to tow it to the Shop… that was about 6 hours ago… still don’t know what happened, I;m waiting to hear from them…

Any ideas?

beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Zak62592
2008 KK Liberty 

Probably the TIPM that failed
Zak62592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Punishment for not checking the forums lately? The forum knows.... LOL
How did you make out? Was it the TIPM?
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
JeepCares

Let us know what they found.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

i'm waiting to hear from the shop later today.... this is what happens when you get away from the forums damm it,
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I hope things work out for you
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

how do i know if my gas tank gauge is broken? anyone knows?
i get the feeling that the level approaches 1/8 of the tank and stops going down... i already went out of gas without notice some time ago when i posted this message...

i wonder if i go to the dealer they might want to ask me to replace the tank $$$$
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

i had this problem long time ago.... i went to put on gas at night at this gas station, filled the tank, no problems...
i had a problem with my credit card which took me like 15 minutes to solve over the phone with the bank. you see in mexico we put gas first and after the gas is is, we pay... so the gas handle stayed plugged to the truck for the 15 minutes i was over the phone with the bank solving my card problem.... off i went and the level on the dashboard showed little gas, as if i didnt put any on... i think the gas tank filled with air or something....

as i went on the road the level started to come up slowly until it got to the filled position....

failed ever since..... i put on gas and it doesnt recognize the filled tank right away, sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to the level to go up...

i have the filling some gauge in the tank got broken.... not sure if i make any sense....

any ideas?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.