my kk died - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > my kk died

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

my kk died

yerterday morning went to start my kk, and boom dead, sounded like a dead battery to me (battery is maybe a year old, but who knows) took my other car, want to work and when i got back i tried to jump start the car and still nothing, some times you can see on the panel the word fuse, check engine light is on and flashes 10 times and stays on.

all you can hear is the tac, tac, tac, tac. but no sight of starter motor trying to turn....

i have 44k miles and extended warranty and i think i am going to call tomorrow to the dealer to come a pick it up.

any clues??????

carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

Don't jump it, try to start the KK with the other batery directly connected.
khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

didnt work.
reading alot in the forum seems to me that is the wireless control module. any how i will call the dealer to come a pick up the car.
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Any word from the dealer? ...Any ideas what-so-ever as to what may have caused it? ...Perhaps anything electronic that you had touched in the days leading up to the "death"...?

I was removing a marker signal bulb housing at one point to steal power for a headlight/LED mod. A "no brainer" mod really. I must have been a little rough with it or something, ...killed everything electronic and wouldn't turn over. Decided to not be cheap, do it properly and re-wired. With a little help from my girlfriend's Festiva (not too proud about that), gave it a jump and, ...Voila! Major worries gone.
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

got my car back....

and basically an 18.85 part became a 1162.95 job.......... had to put $100 from my pocket for deductible and $165 for a new battery, even when mine was good and they said it had to be done in order to warranty the repair (Bs.... big bs, had no choise)

take a look

Unread 07-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
got my car back....

and basically an 18.85 part became a 1162.95 job.......... had to put $100 from my pocket for deductible and $165 for a new battery, even when mine was good and they said it had to be done in order to warranty the repair (Bs.... big bs, had no choise)

take a look

The purge valve did not cause a no start condition,that was what the MIL was on for and relates to the EVAP system which is just for emissions(fule vapor part of the emission system).The battery was your no start problem.I've seen brand new batteries,litterly less then 1 month old be bad.It happens and the batteries age has nothing to do with it being good or not when new vehicles are so senisitive to battery voltage.
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

i used a new battery from my ford escape that i purchased about 2 months ago and still did not start.
well. haw ever it was problem is solved. so far
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

None of it was warranty-type work?
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica
i used a new battery from my ford escape that i purchased about 2 months ago and still did not start.
well. haw ever it was problem is solved. so far
I suspect bad grounding problem, some you tried with new battery. Or there is short some where, if this is the case your ford escape battery would have drained pretty fast.
RKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post
None of it was warranty-type work?
only had to pay for the battery and have $100 deductible so my total bill was $265
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Glad you got it fixed. I got to call the dealership again, just after having my Lib services for the "clock" and replacing the gas tank, now the blower control that direct air through the vents via, feet, window, and face will only direct air via window and feet and won't go to your face. I got 55K and another 5K my warranty is up

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.