Murdered Liberty - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Murdered Liberty

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #46
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
i used autovinylsolutions.com
Thanks

Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #47
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

So where's the latest photos? I just bought a near new 2011. I'd love to have black bumpers, flares, and grill. Thought about painting them, but vinyl may be an option. Did you ever give the bumpers a try?
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #48
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob K View Post
So where's the latest photos? I just bought a near new 2011. I'd love to have black bumpers, flares, and grill. Thought about painting them, but vinyl may be an option. Did you ever give the bumpers a try?
Why not give plastidip a try? I never used it, but a lot of forum members love it. Some have even covered their whole KK in it.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #49
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Why not give plastidip a try? I never used it, but a lot of forum members love it. Some have even covered their whole KK in it.
will look into it. Thanks
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #50
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Alright! Back from the weekend, ready to post some pics! I believe where we last left off I was at all black with just the bumpers/grill remaining silver. After about a year and a half or so I decided I was going to eventually rewrap my KK so I started playing with the vinyl a bit.

First thing I did was cut a zig zag from the front of the driver door to the back of the rear left door. As I called it, "Charlie Brown Town"

Window shopping downtown Duluth, MN. Thing pulls a lot of looks!!

On the right side I went with a two tone duct tape stripe, purple and orange, from the front of the passenger door back to the taillight. Sounds a little low class using duct tape ha, but I didn't think it looked too bad. Just wanted to test the colors and this was all to be temporary anyhow.

Random peeling on the passenger side, getting back to that crazy two tone some people loved so much.

Removed all of the passenger side vinyl besides fender, tried to recreate the stripe in black, for an inverted/negative look. Didn't turn out as clean, looks more like a heartbeat sensor or something.

Removed driver side vinyl on fenders to complete the inverted look.

That about sums up everything I did with the black. I enjoyed the entire process of applying, modifying, and removing the vinyl! Seems like a lot of fun things you can do with it and easier and less permanent than paint. Currently the driver side is still as seen in the last picture, more than two years later the vinyl is still holding up great, for those wondering on the quality/durability of the vinyl.
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #51
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Now for the green! First off removed all vinyl from the passenger side. Still love how the silver looks, good to know i can peel off whatever anytime and be back to it!

Flat Lime Green Vinyl arrival!

First panel on, passenger front door. Loved how it looked as soon as it was on.

Passenger door and hood.

Currently finished: trunk, hood, passenger side - rear panel, front door, above fender.

Had all four of my tires slashed at a bar one night in April, was the saddest I've ever seen my Jeep... I was also not happy as I did not instigate any problems with anyone that night. No cameras in the lot, police couldn't do anything but start a file/case whatever. Had it towed away and replaced with the same Hankooks.

Luckily for me, some karma coming back my way, in the three weeks following getting my new tires we had probably our three worst blizzards of the year. I drive back to the Twin Cities area every weekend from Duluth and I'll be damned if I let weather stop me in a Jeep!! So the brand new tread on those puppies probably kept me alive or on the road at least! I drive pretty aggressively in the snow, still going 60ish over lanes covered in 2+ inches of snow (plowing was sub-par this winter), passing mile long trains of people going 10-20 mph in the right lane following the previous tire tracks.

I'll update a few more current pictures in the next few days!
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #52
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Keep up the creativity! Bummer about the tires. Must have been someone with a Hummer.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #53
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Currently finished: trunk, hood, passenger side - rear panel, front door, above fender.
Cool. The Green with the Black looks good. Like how you experiment with your ride.

Tires- KK Karma, They'll get theirs eventually.
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #54
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I dig the green, would be visible as you cruise through the snow.

One quick thought...

In snow, it's more about how you stop than how you go!

Stay safe.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #55
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Not bad. I liked when you had it the solid flat black though. Kinda feel like the lime is a little much. Definately turning heads though. Like the creativity
redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #56
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redncfootball View Post
Not bad. I liked when you had it the solid flat black though. Kinda feel like the lime is a little much. Definately turning heads though. Like the creativity
Yeah I miss the black at times! The green was somewhat of an impulse buy I think, but it grows on ya! I just really need to finish it. My original plan was to go flat white, but when it got to be time to order new wrap I just saw the green on there; and I've always loved lime green! So I went with it! I do enjoy turning heads though!! I remember the first month or so back on campus at school people were just rubber necking everywhere I went, but as the year went on people stop looking. I have heard my friends say that professors talk about it sometimes haha
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Played around with my wheels a bit in the last few days. Got some blaze green plasti dip, and some black spray paint to modify the removable stuff on my KMC Rockstars.

Removed the 40 plastic decoration bolts (10/wheel) and spray painted black, as well as removing the star from the cap and painting those black. Personally think they look better black!

Was planning to dip the 5 trapezoids on each wheel green as well, but didn't have enough plasti dip left. So I'll return to do that at a later date, I think it will look good with the bolts being black now.

I like the look, and it will be nice when the traps are green as well. Unfortunately the greens do not match up well, the plastidip was a much deeper but still bright green compared the kiwi matte wrap. Since I am less than halfway done with my wrap, I am considering stripping it all off and plasti-dipping the whole Jeep with that green, I like it better! Would do that the legit way with spray gun and what not though. Also need to go back and paint the tips of the cap bolts black.

PS might be selling my remaining length Hexis Kiwi Matte Green vinyl wrap if anyone is interested? Should be 35-40 feet left of it, can negotiate a price, I will find out exact length if anyone wants to know!
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #58
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

Libby looks really cool! Very unique...I looked into the vinyl you are using...you spent SO much $$$! You woulda spent half that if you used plasti dip and you wouldn't have had to worry about air bubbles in the vinyl.
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #59
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDefiant View Post
Libby looks really cool! Very unique...I looked into the vinyl you are using...you spent SO much $$$! You woulda spent half that if you used plasti dip and you wouldn't have had to worry about air bubbles in the vinyl.
Yeah it was a decent chunk, the green was more of a specialty color, and where i bought it, was only sold in 30ft increments. So it got pricy, when I did the first matte black wrap, that was closer to what plasti-dip would've cost. It is a high quality vinyl though, and it has the pore technology so bubbles aren't really a problem! Unfortunately I was not aware of plastidip until fairly recently. I now want to unwrap my car and go with the plasti-dip option. If I can sell my remaining vinyl that should be enough to pay for the plasti-dip spray kit.
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #60
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Finished up the plasti-dip experiment on my wheels... I like the look, but turned out a little sloppy in places. Being a plasti-dip beginner, I did not know to remove the tape while it was still wet, so I didn't get the clean lines I wanted. Can always redo it the right way, should be plasti-dipping my whole car soon, so might do the entire wheel for accent, but not totally sure yet!

Also got my windtech visor, dipped green, so far so good on the noise reduction!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.