Murdered Liberty - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Murdered Liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
YJteen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What are your plans for the chrome gas cap?? I like the murdered out look.

You should be fine with the axle setup, just as long as you don't beat on it as hard as you would looking at a Playboy magazine, the d30 and d35 should hold up.
YJteen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Have you kept track of the number of hours that you have spent on this transformation? Just curious as to how long this has taken.
Back in my younger days (this is about to show my age) you could have taken the KK to your local Earl Scheib and had the entire Liberty painted for $29.95. And by entire I mean ENTIRE!!! wheels, door handles, tires...well you get the picture. In truth, they did a pretty fair paint job, sometimes the tape job left some to be desired.

Like the look of the new roof rails....they look to be functionalbe.
Unread 07-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OMG.

You have a ton of patience.

It looks freaking awesome, but I would think that there would be a ton of wrinkles and I don't see ANY!

KICK ***.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #19
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome!!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
ds6310
2008 KK Liberty 

Looks awesome!! Every time I look at it I move a little closer to ordering it for my flares.
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #21
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Looks Awesome! Keep it up
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #22
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks again for all the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJteen View Post
What are your plans for the chrome gas cap?? I like the murdered out look.
I have a friend who does his own powdercoating, so eventually when i get to accent colors on the plastic I will see if he has a color to match, otherwise just find a plain black gas cap and wrap it, or powdercoat my current one black or some random color... just not chrome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Have you kept track of the number of hours that you have spent on this transformation? Just curious as to how long this has taken.
Back in my younger days (this is about to show my age) you could have taken the KK to your local Earl Scheib and had the entire Liberty painted for $29.95. And by entire I mean ENTIRE!!! wheels, door handles, tires...well you get the picture. In truth, they did a pretty fair paint job, sometimes the tape job left some to be desired.

Like the look of the new roof rails....they look to be functionalbe.
I don't have an exact time but I would say each panel takes at least an hour, definitely getting up to two when you include all of the trimming and hiding the corners and trying to fix any small mistakes. As for the roof rails, I would have to agree, especially compared to the stock plastic ones, I don't think they are even meant to be used with the skyslider roof? Looking forward to getting a light bar or a roof rack in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
OMG.

You have a ton of patience.

It looks freaking awesome, but I would think that there would be a ton of wrinkles and I don't see ANY!

KICK ***.
Matte black has to be one of the most photogenic colors, possibly true for other matte colors as well, but don't be deceived there are some wrinkles and overlaps. They really are only noticeable close up, for my first time working with vinyl and for doing the whole thing, I am completely satisfied! Looking forward to doing a better job next time though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds6310 View Post
Looks awesome!! Every time I look at it I move a little closer to ordering it for my flares.
Doooo it!!!! Would you do just your flares? Or the whole bottom part of your jeep? What color is your jeep now?
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

i like that, i wonder how well or if it would work for the textured grey flares and bumpers on my kj. ive been wanting to do something with them.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #24
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdart View Post
i like that, i wonder how well or if it would work for the textured grey flares and bumpers on my kj. ive been wanting to do something with them.
you may or may not have noticed the KJ one or some of the pics by my driveway, my brother's, I could stick some extra on and see how the texture comes through, and how well it sticks!
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

i didnt notice it, but that would be cool if you could try it. i dont car is the texture show through, im just curious if its going to stick and stay stuck.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
ds6310
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN View Post
Thanks again for all the kind words!

I have a friend who does his own powdercoating, so eventually when i get to accent colors on the plastic I will see if he has a color to match, otherwise just find a plain black gas cap and wrap it, or powdercoat my current one black or some random color... just not chrome!

I don't have an exact time but I would say each panel takes at least an hour, definitely getting up to two when you include all of the trimming and hiding the corners and trying to fix any small mistakes. As for the roof rails, I would have to agree, especially compared to the stock plastic ones, I don't think they are even meant to be used with the skyslider roof? Looking forward to getting a light bar or a roof rack in the future!

Matte black has to be one of the most photogenic colors, possibly true for other matte colors as well, but don't be deceived there are some wrinkles and overlaps. They really are only noticeable close up, for my first time working with vinyl and for doing the whole thing, I am completely satisfied! Looking forward to doing a better job next time though!

Doooo it!!!! Would you do just your flares? Or the whole bottom part of your jeep? What color is your jeep now?
It's silver, I'd start with the flares and center of the hood and see how it looks. I'm going to check with a local sign place and see if they have that vinyl in charcoal gray, I think that would blend with the silver better since I'm only doing a few parts. But doing the whole bottom is an interesting idea also...
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
88BlueGT

any completed pictures? looking forward to seeing this fully done, looks GREAT so far.
88BlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
Nautylus
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN
UPDATE! Got my Rocky Road Outfitter roof rails earlier this week and vinyl is finished except for the bumpers, but I plan on leaving it two tone until I do some accent colors.

For the roof rails installation I had to rip off the stock useless rails, which is just adhesive I'm sure you know from other threads. That exposes the stock bolts sticking up out of the roof. The rails come with a set of bolts/washers/nuts, but I didn't want to deal with changing the bolts so I kept the washers and went out to get a new set of nuts. 1/4 nuts fit the stock bolts, they may seem not to get onto the threads at first, you gotta work through the paint on the bolt, they must be exposed during the factory paint job. Before tightening them down the rails seemed to fit a little funny, but once secured that was corrected! I read on someone else's install of these rails to be careful when tightening down on the stock bolts, because he pulled one out of his roof which caused leaking. They seem to be very sturdy, I'm able to rock my jeep back and forth with them!
Great achievement buddy! Only last weekend I started thinking of matte coating my liberty, and now that I saw yours I'm more certain on the topic.

Is there a way your windows glass to be Matte tinted as well?

even more freedom!
Nautylus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #29
nursechocolate

I like your wheels - what are they? Besides the lift, was there any other mods needed to install them??
nursechocolate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #30
justanotherjpr

I like it. Can I ask why you chose the wrap instead of having it painted?
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.