Murdered Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Murdered Liberty

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Murdered Liberty

Ever wonder what your Liberty would look like matte black? Something I've always wanted to do and I finally put the plan into action and decided to vinyl wrap my Jeep.

Stock

New Wheels/Tires/Lift

Removed chrome running boards

Pics during the wrap

Tinted the headlights a bit

As of now still need to wrap the bumpers and the front 2 panels on the driver side. Next up is to get some tints in the front windows and paint the plastic pieces for accents! Liking how its turning out!

Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I like it, nice work
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

Cool. I've been thinking of matte-black wrapping my fender flares, front and rear bumpers. and the lower 6" or so on the doors (to just above the run strip.) Any idea what that would cost to have done? My KK is Greystone Pearl.
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Looks good, are you doing the job yourself? You should do a step by step installation post of how you are doing it.
Like you choice of wheels also. The lift looks great...what size and manufacture did you use?
Kind of give that same look as the Tactical Edition Hummer that was released.
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

it actually looks really good! continue for the whole jeep though

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

And if you get tired of the new look, you could cut carefully and peal back strips of the black wrap and leave a Zebra print.......just kiddin
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az16339 View Post
Cool. I've been thinking of matte-black wrapping my fender flares, front and rear bumpers. and the lower 6" or so on the doors (to just above the run strip.) Any idea what that would cost to have done? My KK is Greystone Pearl.
Here is the site I ordered off of, http://www.avsstore.com/, I looked around for awhile to find a site that the right quality vinyl for the right price. After reading a lot of DIY wrap threads its pretty clear that using one vinyl vs. another can make or break your project. They sell the 3M vinyl and this stuff is great, is has the technology where you can just press most of the air bubbles out, no needles or rewrapping involved!
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Looks good, are you doing the job yourself? You should do a step by step installation post of how you are doing it.
Like you choice of wheels also. The lift looks great...what size and manufacture did you use?
Kind of give that same look as the Tactical Edition Hummer that was released.
Yes, I am doing it myself, local graphics wrapping place had it quoted at 2K+ and I bought my vinyl and the headlight tint for just around 500$ shipped.

I got the 2'' Daystar Coil Spacer lift
18'' KMC XD Series Rockstar wheels
265/60/18 Hankook ATM tires
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4x4xgeoff View Post
it actually looks really good! continue for the whole jeep though
Still a work in progress! Although I was having a lot of people tell me to leave it two toned! But I'm going for the murdered look, then going with some accents eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
And if you get tired of the new look, you could cut carefully and peal back strips of the black wrap and leave a Zebra print.......just kiddin
That's the beauty of vinyl though, its just that easy to make whatever design you want! I think I'll enjoy it for awhile as is, but eventually I'll expose some silver for a different look, before I rewrap it a different color in a year or two!
Unread 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Keep it updated as to how well it holds up.
Unread 07-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
ds6310
2008 KK Liberty 

How difficult was it to follow complex curves? Does it wrinkle or did it need any heating? I'm thinking of doing my flares as well and the center of the hood similar to the renegade.
Unread 07-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

COOL
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds6310 View Post
How difficult was it to follow complex curves? Does it wrinkle or did it need any heating? I'm thinking of doing my flares as well and the center of the hood similar to the renegade.
The vinyl becomes very flexible with heat, I used it a bit at the start and very rarely later on, when heated it seems more likely to wrinkle. If you take your time and keep the vinyl tight while you squeegee it down you can avoid wrinkles. The flares were pretty tough, I started with the flat and then wrapped around the curve on the tops and sides of the flares. I had excess in the corners so I cut and overlapped them a little.
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

UPDATE! Got my Rocky Road Outfitter roof rails earlier this week and vinyl is finished except for the bumpers, but I plan on leaving it two tone until I do some accent colors.

For the roof rails installation I had to rip off the stock useless rails, which is just adhesive I'm sure you know from other threads. That exposes the stock bolts sticking up out of the roof. The rails come with a set of bolts/washers/nuts, but I didn't want to deal with changing the bolts so I kept the washers and went out to get a new set of nuts. 1/4 nuts fit the stock bolts, they may seem not to get onto the threads at first, you gotta work through the paint on the bolt, they must be exposed during the factory paint job. Before tightening them down the rails seemed to fit a little funny, but once secured that was corrected! I read on someone else's install of these rails to be careful when tightening down on the stock bolts, because he pulled one out of his roof which caused leaking. They seem to be very sturdy, I'm able to rock my jeep back and forth with them!
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Nice...
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.