Mud Flaps ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Mud Flaps ?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
olebarney
2010 KK Liberty 

Mud Flaps ?

Hi guys, I'm considering throwing on 2 pairs of OEM mud flaps to help protect the exterior of my 2010 Renegade. Do you think it would make it look less rugged? Back in the day, I had them installed on my Ford explorer sport and got a lot grief for it.

olebarney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

This is a never ending argument and there have been many threads on them. It's all about your opinion and what you do with your Lib.

For me, I think they're ugly, BUT I have them on the rear. My reason is to protect from the extra road grime you get without having them on. Also when you have rear mud flaps, the cars behind you won't be as distracted by all the rain the rear tires kick up. I would take the rear ones off if I could justify the amount of pebbles that would be constantly be hitting the bumper.

The front ones I removed for a cleaner look. Have your pick. You can always take them off (for off roading) or put them back on with ease.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
This is a never ending argument and there have been many threads on them. It's all about your opinion and what you do with your Lib.

...I have them on the rear. My reason is to protect from the extra road grime you get without having them on. ...
^This
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Mine has factory mud flaps and I don't like them. They act like a scoop. I have no idea why they were designed like this. The wheels fill them with mud and slush. Get something that is flat like a traditional mudflap so that it doesn't hold all that debris.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I had put mud flaps on my rig not for looks but for function. I was sick of it getting it all grimed up just from leaving the car wash and from the bottom getting chewed from road debris let alone a trail. Any extreme trails I would take them off.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I hate em, I just choose to deal with the consequences of not having them.

But, it's your Jeep, NEVER let anyone tell you how to build it. If you like mud flaps, put em on. I just recommend you take them off when/if you ever plan on wheeling. I've seen a few get ripped off that way(happens quite easily actually).
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #7
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I try to get mudflaps when possible. Not only for the practical reasons, but I always like the look of the OEM flaps on the landrovers and toyotas. I dont like the looks of the molded ones, just the kind that "flap"

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

I have the oem ones sitting in the garage to install.. Not sure how I feel about them just yet. I would like to find the flat style ones for our lib.
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

I've got the molded ones on our Liberty. Mixed feelings about them. But they can be practical when it comes to throwing rocks, etc. We get a fair amount of stones, etc., on our streets, especially after break-up when the snow's melting. We have a few paint chips on the grill from people with no flaps and tires with larger tread patterns.
Jeep black tube step/side rails
Jeep molded splash guards
Jeep cargo area security cover
Jeep hitch receiver and wiring
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a full set of OEM ones for sale. Lightly used, I just didn't end up liking the look. To each their own.

They do not come with any screws or hardware, so a trip to Lowes will be in your future.

Anyone interested?
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

i like to see mud in my car...........
not for me
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
mjcougler
2008 KK Liberty 

To me the factory flaps are lame; too tiny to scale. If you want a "rugged" mudflap, purchase a large plain black rubber mudflap at a "trucker" store, Cut it vertically down the center and you now have a 12" wide mud flap for each side. Have someone hold it in place as you check the look from all angles. Raise it, lower it move it in and out as someone holds it in place. If you want it to stick out 1 or 2 inches past the fender for more mud protection, cut a 2-inch arc at the top outside corner. Then mount with sheet metal screws and fender washers and spray the screws and washers with undercoat spray. This is what I did on my 2500 CTD ram pick-up 4x4.
mjcougler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcougler View Post
To me the factory flaps are lame; too tiny to scale. If you want a "rugged" mudflap, purchase a large plain black rubber mudflap at a "trucker" store, Cut it vertically down the center and you now have a 12" wide mud flap for each side. Have someone hold it in place as you check the look from all angles. Raise it, lower it move it in and out as someone holds it in place. If you want it to stick out 1 or 2 inches past the fender for more mud protection, cut a 2-inch arc at the top outside corner. Then mount with sheet metal screws and fender washers and spray the screws and washers with undercoat spray. This is what I did on my 2500 CTD ram pick-up 4x4.
I know this an old thread but im new around here reading a lot. This is my first Jeep and coming from an Evo what we do is go to IKEA and buy a s4et of their flexible cutting boards. they come in a bunch of colors and are the perfect size for flaps. 5 bucks. good to go.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #14
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna
2011 KK Liberty 

Wow. Just . . . wow
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
nsgasbarre
2008 KK Liberty 

I have some Logo ones for sale if you want to buy those
nsgasbarre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.