Mopar bull bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Mopar bull bar

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
MaxDamage
2012 KK Liberty 

Mopar bull bar

Hi guys, just got my 2012 Jeep Liberty 3 months ago, and have finally signed up to this forum after lurking for a while. I will be posting up pictures and what not soon. I was wondering since mine came with the mopar grill protector from the factory and I know those are installed using plastic rivets and 3m tape, would I be able to remove it without the tape messing up the paint on the bumper? I am looking to install a brush guard instead.

The one that is on there now is this:

yhst-83673118800219_2272_38567677.jpg

MaxDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Hi guys, just got my 2012 Jeep Liberty 3 months ago, and have finally signed up to this forum after lurking for a while. I will be posting up pictures and what not soon. I was wondering since mine came with the mopar grill protector from the factory and I know those are installed using plastic rivets and 3m tape, would I be able to remove it without the tape messing up the paint on the bumper? I am looking to install a brush guard instead.

The one that is on there now is this:
I'm fairly certain you will be able to remove it without any problems. I installed one and there are only rivets, no tape.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
badhare

When you remove it, are you willing to sell it?
I'm in queens.
badhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
MaxDamage
2012 KK Liberty 

Yeah I would be willing to sell it absolutely. I am looking to replace it with a brush guard anyways. Thats good that you live fairly close as it is very heavy to ship I would imagine. I am planning on removing it this coming Saturday if you are interested.
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

when i installed mine its not actually tape, its like the sticky foam weather stripping stuff. its only sticky on one side. the side that touches your bumber is not sticky, the foam makes it fit snug and keeps it from scratching the bumper as well.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
MaxDamage
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaki View Post
when i installed mine its not actually tape, its like the sticky foam weather stripping stuff. its only sticky on one side. the side that touches your bumber is not sticky, the foam makes it fit snug and keeps it from scratching the bumper as well.
Oh thats great to hear! I read somewhere something about tape and got scared it would mess up the paint. Ok cool, then I will take it off with no fear.
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

I know muscles marinara had one but just had an atthehelm bumper put on so he sold his mopar bull bar. you could probably pm him and ask if there's any trick to it, he's the only one i've seen that's had one of those.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #8
stephen28
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'd also be interested in buying it if the other guy decides he doesn't want it..

I'm on Long Island

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.