JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Mopar bull bar (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/mopar-bull-bar-1569706/)

MaxDamage 08-31-2013 10:35 PM

Mopar bull bar

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, just got my 2012 Jeep Liberty 3 months ago, and have finally signed up to this forum after lurking for a while. I will be posting up pictures and what not soon. I was wondering since mine came with the mopar grill protector from the factory and I know those are installed using plastic rivets and 3m tape, would I be able to remove it without the tape messing up the paint on the bumper? I am looking to install a brush guard instead.

The one that is on there now is this:

Gageraid 09-01-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxDamage (Post 15858870)
Hi guys, just got my 2012 Jeep Liberty 3 months ago, and have finally signed up to this forum after lurking for a while. I will be posting up pictures and what not soon. I was wondering since mine came with the mopar grill protector from the factory and I know those are installed using plastic rivets and 3m tape, would I be able to remove it without the tape messing up the paint on the bumper? I am looking to install a brush guard instead.

The one that is on there now is this:

I'm fairly certain you will be able to remove it without any problems. I installed one and there are only rivets, no tape.

badhare 09-02-2013 01:55 PM

When you remove it, are you willing to sell it?
I'm in queens.

MaxDamage 09-02-2013 02:11 PM

Yeah I would be willing to sell it absolutely. I am looking to replace it with a brush guard anyways. Thats good that you live fairly close as it is very heavy to ship I would imagine. I am planning on removing it this coming Saturday if you are interested.

Babaki 09-03-2013 01:21 PM

when i installed mine its not actually tape, its like the sticky foam weather stripping stuff. its only sticky on one side. the side that touches your bumber is not sticky, the foam makes it fit snug and keeps it from scratching the bumper as well.

MaxDamage 09-03-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaki (Post 15867254)
when i installed mine its not actually tape, its like the sticky foam weather stripping stuff. its only sticky on one side. the side that touches your bumber is not sticky, the foam makes it fit snug and keeps it from scratching the bumper as well.

Oh thats great to hear! I read somewhere something about tape and got scared it would mess up the paint. Ok cool, then I will take it off with no fear.

JoeyC99 09-03-2013 11:41 PM

I know muscles marinara had one but just had an atthehelm bumper put on so he sold his mopar bull bar. you could probably pm him and ask if there's any trick to it, he's the only one i've seen that's had one of those.

stephen28 09-04-2013 03:03 AM

I'd also be interested in buying it if the other guy decides he doesn't want it..

I'm on Long Island

The time now is 04:07 AM.