Mopar Accessories - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Mopar Accessories

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Mopar Accessories

I was looking at some of the Mopar accessories for the KK and was curious about their installation. When I had my Subaru, when I added the factory fog lights to it (it didn't come with them when I purchased it) the wiring, etc. was already run in the car. All I needed were the actual lights themselves, a relay and a dash button which all came with the OEM kit I purchased. Are the KKs the same way? For example, if I were looking at a rear view camera set up, would wires already be in the hatch and I'd simply have to plug into something? Or would I need to run all the wires myself?

I know something like the factory remote start would require a trip to the dealer but I was curious if some of the other products were something I could install on my own.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I don't know the answer to the wiring question, but I know that several folks on here have added the factory fog lights. They have to be enabled by a computer flash at the dealer, but they're not to hard to install according to most.
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Fortunately I have the fog lights from the factory. My reference was just an example of the Subaru being pre-wired during manufacturing. Apparently they build all their cars alike and set them up for various options. Whether or not they're included in the final build obviously depends on the order. It's kind of cool. I was hoping Jeep did something similar. I'd rather plug and play if at all possible

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I think all of the manufacturers do. It wouldn't make sense to have a bunch of different wiring harnesses for the same model vehicle, the cost could get very high.
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Ok so for something like the Mopar remote starter, would that simply just require plugging into an existing controller in the rig and then getting new keys? Or would there be more to it?

Previous
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Most of the electronic upgrades require a computer flash at the dealer to turn them on.
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

So if you need the computer to get a flash jump to install fogs...what if you install fogs on a brush guard or roof? Is that still the case?
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

If you run your own wiring, relay, and switch for your own lights, then no flash needed. But if you add a new Mopar accessory that works with the Jeep's computer (OEM fogs, remote start, cruise control, etc.), it will need a computer flash to make it active. A few accessories like heated seats are plug and play and do not require the flash because they have their own switch and just tap power from the cigarette lighter circuit.
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
xDefiant
2008 KK Liberty 

Oh ok, yea I plan on putting fogs on my brush guard in the near future. I also plan to run the wiring and use generic switches to power.
xDefiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Cool, the aftermarket lights should work right off the bat for you then. Just be sure you use a relay in your light circuit-- it protects your switch from seeing all the amps so it doesn't catch fire and burn down your rig. Here is a reference with some good wiring diagrams: http://www.accessconnect.com/fog_dri...hts_wiring.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.