Moon Roof or Windshield leaks water - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Moon Roof or Windshield leaks water

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

Moon Roof or Windshield leaks water

After a rain a little water drips out of the housing where the map lights are on a 2008 KK. Don't know if it is the windshield or moon roof. The moon roof seems more the culprit but dealer says he hasn't had a complaint on it. Just looking for some verification before the dealer tears the whole car apart looking for the problem.

Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch2fan View Post
After a rain a little water drips out of the housing where the map lights are on a 2008 KK. Don't know if it is the windshield or moon roof. The moon roof seems more the culprit but dealer says he hasn't had a complaint on it. Just looking for some verification before the dealer tears the whole car apart looking for the problem.
I have read about problems with the moonroofs on the KK so it could be your problem.Just see what the dealer comes up with for a fix.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

According to our Jeep dealership, and this was with the Patriot that was bought back by Jeep, it is NORMAL for moonroofs to leak a little on Jeeps. That's just what they said.
KUHawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

they fixed my leak no questions asked
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUHawkhead View Post
According to our Jeep dealership, and this was with the Patriot that was bought back by Jeep, it is NORMAL for moonroofs to leak a little on Jeeps. That's just what they said.
BS, don't take no for answer. Either try another dealer or call Chrysler directly to lodge a complaint
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

i usually give a service advisor 20-50$ to establish a relationship and that helps with future repairs a lot
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
BS, don't take no for answer. Either try another dealer or call Chrysler directly to lodge a complaint

They (Jeep) ended up buying our Patriot back at full price due to not being able to fix leak from roof (towards back) and moonroof. That is how we ended up with our 08 Libby which we LOVE.

Still call every Patriot I see a "Leaky Patriot POS".
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

I haven't called the dealer yet about the moon roof leak but I will do that. A little leak can cause major problems. The electrical controls are in that area for the map lights and the moon roof. Eventually they will rust and corrode.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Katek

I have had my Jeep GC in for the 7th time in a few months for the same water leak, under the sunglass holder near the lights, on the passenger side handlebar and in the back of my vehicle on the passenger side. The new leak in the back of my vehicle appeared after they tried to repair it the 2nd time it was in service. KUHawkhead, can you let me know how many time you had it in for service and if it was with in the first year? My car is still under warranty but I spoke with the dearlership today since they have had my car almost a week already and they can not find any leaks. They actually tore my entire interior out of the car so I can not imagine the problems I will have now. If anyone has any advise please pass along! Thanks!
Katek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

We had ours in at least five times, including them sending it to a body shop and them tearing into it to see. Apparently there was a rubber spray on seal that was neglected to be placed between the seams of the posteior segments of our Patriot. Luckily for us, we have a small town dealer that really prides itself on taking care of their customers. They intervened on our behalf, after Jeep tried to tell us (in a very *****y way) that it was not their problem. Basically they offered us a sticker for sticker swap on the wife's 2008 Liberty.

Best of luck. Get your dealership involved, and mention that you are not scared of seeking legal counsel.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.