JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Memorial Day Weekend goodies (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/memorial-day-weekend-goodies-1527776/)

myfirstjeep1 05-24-2013 01:36 PM

Memorial Day Weekend goodies

Finalizing the parts search for the Jeep. Mods purchased for this weekend are:

1. H&R Lowering kit
2. Rancho RS9000 XL Dampening Controlled struts
3. Airlift 1000 rear air suspension bags
4. Airlift compressor and in cabin monitoring/control
5. Window vent visors
6. Jeep OEM Slush mats
7. 120 Watt 24" 6000K Lumen LED Cree light bar
8. Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust
9. Kinetic zinc plated Cross drilled and Slotted brakes with Ceramic Pads
10. Red Caliper Paint
11. Red Brembo Brake covers
12. ARB Rocker Switches

Lastly will be wheels. Only after I get my broken Skyslider taken care of. Got them to work with me on price at Buhler Chrysler to $1900 replacement.

Waiting for drop to determine what width spacers for OEM 18" Chrome Limited wheels for tuck.

huntb 05-24-2013 02:06 PM

Wow that sounds like quite the busy weekend! Question tho: why did you get an offroad light bar for a lowered liberty? Looking forward to seeing it put together!

myfirstjeep1 05-29-2013 09:37 AM

that will be my fog light : ) placement is in the lower grill opening.

myfirstjeep1 06-06-2013 08:18 AM

over estimated that weekends install! all i got to was the brakes, 7 pin harness for trailer, led license plate lights, window vents, slush mats, mygig with rear auto camera. pics will soon follow.

huntb 06-06-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1 (Post 15493455)
that will be my fog light : ) placement is in the lower grill opening.

What are you going to mount it to?

myfirstjeep1 06-06-2013 07:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The front bumper support . Pic of custom flowmaster super 44 exhaust with Wesdon dual exhaust tips

myfirstjeep1 06-06-2013 07:43 PM

The sound is throaty up until 2500 rpm. After that these engines do sound a bit raspy a lot of city driving allows me to keep it at that 2500 rpm

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 03:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wired this up today in the lower grill. Had to take front bumper off to secure to the front bumper support. Wiring was simple, used some rockers front otrattw. Wired up as a secondary fog and the other rocker is for my FU hid rear tail lamps. Pics of those will follow. Really looking forward to seeing the output of this light tonight.

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spy shot for air suspension controller for rear

LibertyRS 06-09-2013 04:05 PM

Your jeep is going to be quite the monster I can't wait to see what that air suspension is like!!! Keep the pics coming as you add more. Love to see more street liberty!

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 07:03 PM

I have used the light bar already. It is very bright in the daylight can't wait to post up shots from tonight

LibertyRS 06-09-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1
I have used the light bar already. It is very bright in the daylight can't wait to post up shots from tonight

I'm looking forward towards them. Do you have anything wired to your back up lights yet? I noticed you had a toggle for them.

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 07:12 PM

I am waiting to receive pen tail light sockets. I have an h4 vixen on kit for the reverse lights. The one with two bulbs. The low beam bulb will be the reverse light and I will control the xenons with the switch. I have to wait to get the spare parts from factory because I have to fab the bulbs into the unit. Not as easy as I thought it would be. But the size of the housing for reverse lights is optimal for throw and output with the xenons. Next time people refuse to put their high beams off after a break check or two, ill flip the switch

myfirstjeep1 06-09-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

I am waiting to receive oem tail light sockets. I have an h4 bixenon kit for the reverse lights. The one with two bulbs. The low beam bulb will be the reverse light and I will control the xenons with the switch. I have to wait to get the spare parts from factory because I have to fab the bulbs into the unit. Not as easy as I thought it would be. But the size of the housing for reverse lights is optimal for throw and output with the xenons. Next time people refuse to put their high beams off after a break check or two, ill flip the switch

Edit.

LibertyRS 06-09-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Edit.

I've always want bixenon for my tails. I did a retrofit on my headlights and they turned nearly perfect. I opted for LEDs reverse lights. Where did you find the oem bulb housing for lower light?

I've only seen someone on here(forgot his name) make his euro spec by fabricating it up himself.

The time now is 06:58 PM.