May 2011 Four Wheeler mag-Interesting KK quote... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > May 2011 Four Wheeler mag-Interesting KK quote...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

May 2011 Four Wheeler mag-Interesting KK quote...

Ok, so from time to time at the grocery store, I check out the various off-road magazines (Jp, Four Wheeler, 4-Wheel & Off-Road, etc.) and buy one when there is an article I'm interested in.

In the May 2011 Four Wheeler magazine currently on newstands, they got all of the 2011 Jeep models together to review. Pretty predictable observations of each Jeep model. But then on page 67, there is a photo of KK Renegade wheeling in some snow and mud with the following caption:

Quote:
While we were in Jackson Hole, we got a chance to take out all of the new Jeeps for a little snow wheeling on a nearby cattle ranch. Of all the models we drove, the Liberty was arguably the most pleasant surprise, with a rock-friendly wheelbase, minimal rear over-hang, and good forward visibility afforded by its relatively low belt line, all of which helped make navigating the slushy snow tracks a breeze. We also really like the way the Renegade trim package looks. Now can we just have our Italian diesel back?
Is it just me or does anyone else note a presumed typo or blatantly incorrect statement in their complimentary caption on the KK?

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

I totally agree. Plus with the new WK2 out with the "stolen" snow, mud, etc. options in the center console AND the Wranglers BUILT for that kind of weather, I believe they have it wrong too. But, During this past winter in Colorado, I did tow a Honda DX up a 10% Grade with snowblowers and all other snow removal equipment in both cars. I just went into 4 HI and Tow/Haul mode.
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

I'm not questioning the KK's ability off-road, as those that have seen my posts or followed my Off-road Bumper and Rock Slider build thread know, I actually wheel my KK off-road.

I think in their caption, they typed one word and meant another because with their one word, it is seemingly a totally untrue statement.
I'm talking about the "...with a rock-friendly wheelbase, minimal rear over-hang, ...." -- seriously, "minimal rear over-hang", I had to read this over and then check to see if it was an April Fool's issue or something. The KK's rear over-hang, to accomodate the under-tail spare, is not off-road friendly. If it weren't for my OEM tow hitch assembly, my KK rear bumper would've been jerked clear off the KK by now from off-road obstacles:

I'm thinking maybe they meant "minimal front over-hang" which I'd accept (although the OEM front bumper is so bulky, which adds some "beefiness" to appearance, but does hinder approach onto off-road obstacles). That's what I was thinkin....

...that's also part of why this weekend I'm going to be increasing my lift to the JBA 4" Adjust-A-Strut lift kit.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Cards81fan
2005 KJ Liberty 

It's not excessive, but it's not "minimal" when compared to similar vehicles in it's segment (H3, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser). The only ones I found that appear longer are the old Trailblazers, and the Xterra.
Unread 04-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
allskiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards81fan View Post
It's not excessive, but it's not "minimal" when compared to similar vehicles in it's segment (H3, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser). The only ones I found that appear longer are the old Trailblazers, and the Xterra.
As well as the Land Rover Discovery.
allskiing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.