Loud Noise in engine - not normal like others KK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Loud Noise in engine - not normal like others KK

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
CyruX
2010 KK Liberty 

Loud Noise in engine - not normal like others KK

I recently bought a KK 2010, it haves a problem, when I turn on the engine it makes a really loud noise at idle and itīs more hard during acceleration.
(in the past I have a Liberty 2002 and the engine was really quiet)

Its like the Jeep maintain the engine-fan always at high speeds (to cool the engine)

The other day I pass throug a bump and the engine sound became silent just like the other automatic Jeeps.

But when the next day I turn the Jeep on and there is again, the loud sound.

I think theres a part of the engine that I have to adjust or change

Any ideas please

CyruX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
NAMoulton
2010 KK Liberty 

Since hitting a bump silenced it a little, it could be an engine mount, or even a loose header. That's my brainstorming though...
Unread 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If its a loud wind sound, like a fan blowing really hard, it could be that you need a new fan clutch. Does your motor have the mechanical fan, or just the electric?
Drednot is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.