Loose oil filter??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Loose oil filter???

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
barryfishing

Loose oil filter???

I keep getting oil leaks, 2010 jeep liberty, from the oil filter area. It is not from the pressure sender above. I been there 5 times in 2 months with oil leak complaints and each time I am told the oil filter is loose. They tighten it yet after a week or so it becomes loose to start leaking onto the floor. I even seen them tighten it and yet it becomes loose. What could be the reason as they look as it as a mystery also.

barryfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Who's changing your oil? Is that person lubricating the oil filter's gasket upon install?
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't know what it is about the Liberty and the oil filter, but I have had to go back two times to two different dealerships to have the filter tightened. From what I understand it is in a real _itch of a location and if you have the skid plate pkg it is even worse to get at.

Good Luck
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Yeah it looks like a bear clawed your arm after changimg them.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

Bought mine used 21 mts ago and I had a leak at the filter and had to tighten it 3 times.Had the oil and filter changed 3 times since and the problem does not seem to recur. Oil changes always done at dealership with regular 5-20w oil.
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.