Looking for a thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Looking for a thread

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 01-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Korruptor

Looking for a thread

I can't find it. I could have sworn I saw it on Jeep Forum. THere were sevral people who were installing a JK hood light bar on the front bumper of a KK with some hella or KC lights.

I have the light bar now and want to take another look at the thread before drilling, but I can't find it.
Does anyone know the thread i'm referring to?

Here's the light bar:
http://www.acmejeepparts.com/products/12110_411.htm

Unread 01-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I'm not home now but I did the mod your talking about. Any questions or picks I can post them tomorrow
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Korruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
I'm not home now but I did the mod your talking about. Any questions or picks I can post them tomorrow
Great! Thanks.

I cut the bracket with my dremel already and sprayed it with some black Rustoleum(didn't know if it'd rust).
I'm going to use some hexhead bolts with the pointed tip and some pretty aggressive threads.

Questions:
1) How far forward can I put the bolts? (I plan on just bolting the front two holes of the light bar)
2) My bolts are 3" long. Is that long enough/too long?
3) Do you know what's inside the bumper? Can I really tighten it down hard or should I just snug the bolts up?
3) My lights are Hella 500's, and during my test fit I noticed that they bump the top of the bar because the mount point if lower the the bar. Did you have that issue with the KC Slimlights?
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I only used the 2 front bolts and used the bolts that came with. So far its pretty solid. I dont know how long the bolts that came with are but i would shoot to have the bolts be about that size since we know it works. Yes i added some washers to lift the lights up so they could be pointed downward more.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Korruptor

Thanks,

I'll mount it once it warms up a bit and post some pics when I'm done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.