Looking to take the plunge! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Looking to take the plunge!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstInHell

I have a 2010 Subaru Legacy. It is a V6 and has nice power and features. It is just not an "exciting" car. It is a vanilla family sedan.

If you put the Liberty in 2WD does that conserve fuel?
Nah! Lol. For most use your gonna be in 2wd. You only switch it over when road conditions call for it. All the mileage misery you read is in 2wd. Sorry! Lol.

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstInHell View Post

I have a 2010 Subaru Legacy. It is a V6 and has nice power and features. It is just not an "exciting" car. It is a vanilla family sedan.

If you put the Liberty in 2WD does that conserve fuel?
Like someone else said you will only put it in 4wd when you are driving through snow/slush/etc. Don't turn on your 4wd on dry roads, you will ruin your transmission, at least that's what my husband told me lol.
griffdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

It's a true part time 4x4. That means it will always be in 2wd(rear wheel drive in our case), until you put the transfer case in 4high or 4low. Command trac works just like that, allowing no slippage between the front and rear tires. Selctrac has 4auto instead of 4high(same thing in this case), the only difference is the transfer case allows there to be some slippage. Essentially you will always be in rwd unless you're on slippery surfaces like dirt, sand, mud, snow and ice and switch to 4high/4auto. Selectrac you can get away with using on the road or in the rain without damage, but if you command trac NEVER use it on dry roads, even if it's raining it isn't slippery enough to constitute 4high.

As for safety ratings....those don't concern me at all. I'm also only 20 years old, and would prefer an old muscle car with no traction control, abs, seat belts, airbags etc.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

First SUV for me with side curtains so I feel safer than I did with my other truck.

Was at the dealer in WP today and took a quick look at stock on hand. Didn't see any Jets. Mostly Sports and Latitudes in black, dark blue, silver, a red one and the copper/brownish color. Really nice light blue one with running boards and light bar already installed. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the same guy owns all 3 dealerships in the area so they'll probably have something between the 3 that you like. Been in for L.O.F. and radio clock TSB. Service was very good.
If you end up in WP at some point, ask for Dino if he's there. Was a Solid dude with me.
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #20
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Currently own a 1995 Cherokee. I test drove the Patriot Sport and found that it did not seem to fit the average person. The seat was quite low and the steering wheel quite far forward, the cargo area was tiny. Plus it was too car like for me. I drove some Liberties for a while. Found that they are comfortable to drive. They have the truck like feel that I'm used to with my Cherokee. Visibility around the Liberty is better than the Patriot, but still not as good as my Cherokee. The back seats have more room than my Cherokee and the cargo space is even a little bigger, which I really like. I waited to see the brand new redesigned Cherokee and didn't like the looks. Plus is has a front wheel/all wheel drive system. So I bought a Liberty this week. It will tow up to 5000lbs if need be. So if you have some equipment, camper, or decent size boat to tow it will handle it. If all goes well it will last me a good 15 years. Then maybe I can afford a metal roof Wrangler when those come out. Fingers crossed. I also still have my eyes open for a used XJ Cherokee. Still my favorite vehicle. That's the process I went through before making my decision. I never thought I would be a Jeep guy, but I think I am now and probably will be in the future. As long as they stay affordable.
Rob K is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

I was not looking for a Liberty...I was driving a Chevy Ext cab truck since 02. I was looking at mostly trucks again, some SUVs. I just prefer the truck like experience I guess. Anyways I drove one car on the lot and then saw the liberty, there were like 4 sitting in the back, only one was 4x4 and happened to be the color I liked the most anyways(charcol grey) thought what the heck and gave it a drive. I walked out with the Jeep about 30min later. That was in Nov of 2012 and I have never had any second thoughts on getting this vehicle, well except for the fact that its hard to get alot of after market stuff for them, that drives me nuts. But it drives great, no it will not get great gas, I get about 18-19 average and that is combined highway and city I drive each week. But on my recent trip to Big Bend National Park, it was a beast. Its great to go places where everyone is driving giant jacked up jeeps and trucks and you come rolling up like it was not even a struggle. Honestly other than a Wrangler, it will hold its own with pretty much anything else with just new tires alone.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

I have owned a 99 Grand Cherokee, I really enjoyed it but not some of the problems. After selling it I wanted another Jeep, I ended up with my 08 Liberty Limited. I LOVE IT!!!! Best money ever spent. I plan to drive it for many years to come. Mine came with the sky slider roof, and it helped me get my wife. There is plenty of room in the back seats and in the cargo area. I carry a lot of extra gear for work in the back and I still have plenty of room when we go shopping. I think it is a great ride, I have had it back and forth from South Carolina to Pittsburg area. I just want some side steps and a grill guard. I also agree, get fog lights.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
tqmonster

If you want to save more money, there's a one owner 2010 Liberty Renegade that I Test drove but passed on, because of a huge unexpected engine bill on my other car it drove awesome, and can't wait to pick one up before the winter. Good luck.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/3737998451.html
tqmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

That's actually a really clean Renegade. Idk if I would want to pay that kinda money seeing the deal I ended up getting with my KK though. Either way it seems almost fully loaded and just missing leather and heated seats and a sunroof or skyslider. Curious as to how it got the dents in the hood lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #25
tqmonster

It was super clean, and it drove like a new truck! I got him down to $16,600. Pretty good considering it was a 30k plus truck! The two small dents were barely noticeable. They are both right under the washer nozzles. Someone gonna get a great deal I think.
tqmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #26
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524
That's actually a really clean Renegade. Idk if I would want to pay that kinda money seeing the deal I ended up getting with my KK though. Either way it seems almost fully loaded and just missing leather and heated seats and a sunroof or skyslider. Curious as to how it got the dents in the hood lol
Dents probably happened from that hail storm we got like two years ago. I remember that storm happened like a week after i got my truck. Luckily i was parked under a large tree so it spared my truck to only a few small dents as well. My brother who picked his up the same day with me wasnt so lucky.
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.