Looking at a Liberty. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Looking at a Liberty.

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover, South Carolina
Posts: 985
Looking at a Liberty.

I own a 2010 Jeep Patriot latitude with a 2in RRO lift and other cosmetic mods. Ive always wanted a Liberty and I shouldve gone with the KK instead of the MK. The Liberty I am looking at is a 2008 sport with only a few upgrades and has running boards. It has very low mileage at 33k. They are asking 15580 for it. Does that sound like a good deal?

Are there any maintenance issues to look out for in 2008 models? I know im going to miss the mpg of the Patriot, but I feel like its worth it to have the Liberty.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW View Post
I own a 2010 Jeep Patriot latitude with a 2in RRO lift and other cosmetic mods. Ive always wanted a Liberty and I shouldve gone with the KK instead of the MK. The Liberty I am looking at is a 2008 sport with only a few upgrades and has running boards. It has very low mileage at 33k. They are asking 15580 for it. Does that sound like a good deal?

Are there any maintenance issues to look out for in 2008 models? I know im going to miss the mpg of the Patriot, but I feel like its worth it to have the Liberty.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Doesn't sound like a terrible Deal i bought my 08 last year with 60k for 17 out the door with extended warranty. As silly as it sounds having a carfax report acctually helped me with my vehicle it showed it wasnt passing inspection for some reasons and allowed me to pinpoint exactly what the problem was (bad EGR valve) and fix it on the cheap! As far as big problems go some jeeps in that year model were cursed with the "Fuel Burp" which after filling up it would splash fuel back out of the gas tank. That is fixable at any jeep dealer.

All and all if you can't see many major issues on the outside/inside they are pretty stout vehicles. Take a good long test drive with the windows up and the radio/ac off and just listen
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover, South Carolina
Posts: 985
Thanks for the tips.. im meeting the dealer in 1.5 hours to check it out.. An 08 with 33k miles is real low..
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Gageraid
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Branchburg, New Jersey
Posts: 1,258
Get ready to drive a brick through the wind.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Cutelildevil666
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: , New Mexico
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Get ready to drive a brick through the wind.
Yeah, but it's a pretty fun brick.
__________________
2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic (sport) - Bright white, factory skid plate group, Infinity sound, heated seats, Command-Trac II 4WD system
Cutelildevil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover, South Carolina
Posts: 985
Well the Liberty was filthy.. I cant believe the dealership would showcase a vehicle which stunk and had dog hair all over it. It was pretty rusty underneath as well. It had 3 owners since 2008 which concerned me as well. At 33k miles maybe it was a lemon?

At first they wouldnt honor the internet price of 15580 and gave me a horrible trade on the Patriot. On to the next Liberty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 123
Well it looks like we found out why it was so cheap lol
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
Gageraid
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Branchburg, New Jersey
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW View Post
Well the Liberty was filthy.. I cant believe the dealership would showcase a vehicle which stunk and had dog hair all over it. It was pretty rusty underneath as well. It had 3 owners since 2008 which concerned me as well. At 33k miles maybe it was a lemon?

At first they wouldnt honor the internet price of 15580 and gave me a horrible trade on the Patriot. On to the next Liberty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry to hear. Don't let this ruin your Liberty experience. They really are a nice vehicle inside and out!
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
SarOpsSix
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middletown, Ct
Posts: 58
Holy ****

WOW! The price and year sounds outrageous. Where do you guys live in hawaii?
SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
Mate ,

i dont mean to Confuse you here , but the 2008/2009 kk Limited is worth checking , i would recommend the newer Versions , but if you have cash limitations then this is what i recommend ! i dont understand why some ppl prefer Sport over the Limited !! ,

The Limited feels Way better on the inside out . the Sport is just Like a TOYOTA Crap Plastic !
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:07 AM   #11
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover, South Carolina
Posts: 985
Nope South Carolina.. they had marked it up to almost 18k imstead of the website price.

Im going to Carmax either today or sometime soon. They have a 2012 with low mileage that looks good.

Id like to get a limited but not sure if the budget will allow. My Patriot has all the upgrades, but I never use em other than the touch screen mygig.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #12
SarOpsSix
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middletown, Ct
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLKW View Post
Nope South Carolina.. they had marked it up to almost 18k imstead of the website price.

Im going to Carmax either today or sometime soon. They have a 2012 with low mileage that looks good.

Id like to get a limited but not sure if the budget will allow. My Patriot has all the upgrades, but I never use em other than the touch screen mygig.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Just saying I leave in NE and I got a 2011 sport. One owner mint from a jeep dealer. It has the sky roof it has 24,000 miles i got it less than 20,000
SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #13
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 361
Deals are out there if you shop smart. Dealers want your money more than you want the KK. You can nickel and dime them on what they are selling as much as they will on your trade. Negotiate strong and don't forget to walk away if the deal is not right for you. They'll call you back if they really want your money.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
SarOpsSix
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middletown, Ct
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
Deals are out there if you shop smart. Dealers want your money more than you want the KK. You can nickel and dime them on what they are selling as much as they will on your trade. Negotiate strong and don't forget to walk away if the deal is not right for you. They'll call you back if they really want your money.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Yeap happen to me one week wheeling and dealing then on friday afternoon deal was dead and i said thank you. Sat morning got a call come and pick up your jeep
SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #15
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover, South Carolina
Posts: 985
So I bought my KK...

I am out of town in Pittsburgh PA and while waiting to meet family for dinner my wife and I decided to go look at Jeeps. We had no intentions of buying.

The dealer said he had 3 Libertys in stock and the first was a 2012 latitude which was more than I was willing to pay. The 2nd was an awesome looking Renegade. This was an amazing looking vehicle but it wasn't in the budget as well.

So the last was a 2009 blue Liberty with only 14.6k miles on it. Unlike the first Liberty I looked at.. This one was spotless... The dealer said an elderly couple had traded it in and only used it for the grocery store. I took it for a test drive and really fell in love with it. The hills of Pittsburgh really tested out the 4wd.

After getting back to the dealer I had them run the numbers on my trade. They came back with a really good offer. There was no need to haggle. It was a Saturday afternoon and they were ready to make a deal. I took the offer and a hour or so later we were good to go. My wife did notice the Liberty was missing a headrest, so they took it from the Renegade.

Here's a pic but once I'm back in town I'll post better ones. I'm looking forward to making this Liberty my own and joining this forum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1371980974164.jpg  
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.