Lock popped - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Lock popped

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
KISSlover101
2008 KK Liberty 

Lock popped

On the 22nd while at the gym I had my car broken into cause I had a backpack on the passenger seat...so my stuff got stolen and the other day I figured out how. The lock on the driver side door was popped open, looked like someone jammed a screwdriver in it and turned the lock. Anyone have this happened to their vehicle? apparently my car didn't come with an alarm system.

KISSlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

bummer ...... lesson learned! never leave anything in view of thieves.

If you have this key..

51-oe32uohl__sl500_aa300_.jpg
... you have these features
••Remote Keyless Entry: Locks and unlocks doors, and turns on interior lamps. If the vehicle is equipped with a vehicle-theft security alarm, the remote also arms and disarms that system

•Sentry Key® Engine Immobilizer: Utilizes an engine key that has an embedded transponder with a preprogrammed security code to discourage vehicle theft. When the key is inserted into the ignition, the controller sends a random number to the transponder and the engine is allowed to start. If an incorrect key is

•Vehicle Theft Security Alarm: Deters vandalism and theft, frequently lowering insurance premiums. It protects the vehicle from theft by monitoring door- and liftgate-ajar switches and the ignition circuit for unauthorized entry

but if a thief is determined to break in to your car, not much can be done
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
KISSlover101
2008 KK Liberty 

yeah i got that key but i guess it didn't matter...oh well
KISSlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

All KKs have Sentry Key. Not all have the Security Alarm. Sorry you had this happen to you, I've been a victim of break ins a few times. Not in the KK though... crossing fingers and knocking on wood.

Mine does have the Security Alarm though. Saved my stuff in the KJ I had! Still had to pay almost $200 to have that window fixed though!
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

When I bought my KK, I bought it used from GO and on my riverside window it says "GO AutoNation Theft System". Does that mean I have a security system too?
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyShadow23 View Post
When I bought my KK, I bought it used from GO and on my riverside window it says "GO AutoNation Theft System". Does that mean I have a security system too?
Sounds like a dealer installed security system. Most of the time it's just window etching.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.