Little help with 2010 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Little help with 2010 Liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Little help with 2010 Liberty

Hey everyone, new here and have a quick question.

I bought a 2010 liberty back in July. I have always loved jeeps and decided to go out and buy one b/c my 2004 maxima was starting to have problems.

Anyway, I brought it in for its second oil change maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. While it was there they performed the recall on the waterpump (just checked, didnt replace) and some TSB for a few hoses. Ever since I had that done its been making a weird noise when I turn it off. It sounds when you slowly release air from a balloon, a squeal, not a fart. Just wondering if I should have that checked out or not or if I should just live with it. I just rolled over 6000 miles on the odo if that helps.

alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Id bring it back it could be a vacuum leak of some kind. Cant hurt to ask.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

I called and made an appt for next week. But when I shut it off today and I heard the noise I ran and opened the hood. The noise had stopped by that time but they left a part in the engine bay.

Any advice on getting a loaner from chrysler? I know this is going to be an all day thing and I dont have all day to wait. Plus I really think this is their fault too.
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
armedsks
2009 JK Wrangler 

Depends on your dealer. Some dealers have loaners. Some have shuttle service.
armedsks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex725 View Post
I called and made an appt for next week. But when I shut it off today and I heard the noise I ran and opened the hood. The noise had stopped by that time but they left a part in the engine bay.

Any advice on getting a loaner from chrysler? I know this is going to be an all day thing and I dont have all day to wait. Plus I really think this is their fault too.
Soundslike a vacuum leak or the valve breather hose has came off. let us know what they found. The local Satan (dealer) has loaner cars, but you have to pay.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

How about a picture of the part the forgot under the hood lol. I duno if id wana trust me Jeep to those guys again.
Unread 10-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

The part still had the sticker attached and I googled the part number. It was the master brake cylinder that was replaced under the recall. Luckily it was left in a place where the hood would catch it and stop it from going into the engine area itself and causing god knows what kind of damage. What I dont understand though, after that recall it went back there for an oil change where they performed the recall on the water pump and changed some hoses that there was a TSB for. How did they miss it doing all that but I was able to spot it in 30 seconds?

As far as the dealer, its Freehold Chrysler Jeep, they told me I have to pay $35/day. They offer no shuttle service either. I called chrysler corporate and the dealer wont return their phone calls and since chrysler is blaming the dealer for this they wont issue me one either.
Unread 10-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
Soundslike a vacuum leak or the valve breather hose has came off. let us know what they found. The local Satan (dealer) has loaner cars, but you have to pay.
thanks, thats what my usual mechanic said and a friend that is very mechanically inclined agreed.
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

If you have a vehicle in for warranty or recall they HAVE to provide you with some kind of loaner or shuttle.
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
If you have a vehicle in for warranty or recall they HAVE to provide you with some kind of loaner or shuttle.
depends on a dealer and the duration of the repair. but usually only luxury brands have this kind of feature.
i know when i take my dad to the lexus to the dealer and it takes more then 4 hours u can get a loaner
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

03 Ram 05 Ram 06 Rubicon 07 Sportage 07 300 every single time any of them have been in the dealer i was given a loaner. No questions asked
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

After a call from chrylser corporate the dealer has said if this hissing noise is their fault the dealer will give me something..if its a problem of chrysler, then chrysler will "consider" giving me one.

However..we can add something else to the mix. I work in a small resteraunt and theres a mechanic that comes in all the time to talk. I got to wondering if the part was new or used, he came in today and he told me it was used and showed me how I could tell, but heres where is gets interesting. He told me that its a replacement part. He claims that because the parts tag was still on it that the part had been previously replaced. Im not sure if thats true about the sticker being on it meaning it was replaced or not, maybe someone on here knows more?
I just want to be sure Im going into the dealer fully informed, because I know they will tell me BS excuses. Im also really curious IF it is a replacement part, why was it replaced? I got the car brand new July 6, with 25 miles on it, I think 10 of those were from my test drive too.
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Just thought I would update..I went to the dealer today. Of coarse it didnt make the noise when I got there, the mechanic kept telling me it was the air conditioning turning off. I pointed out the fact that it was 34 degrees when I left my house this morning and I prefer to use the heat in situations like that. So in the end I spent 2 hours at the dealer, they had my car in the garage for a total of 5 mins and the manager took it on an 18 mile test drive. Guess Ill just have to wait for it to do it everytime it shuts off. Still love the Jeep though and cant wait until I can afford to upgrade to a liberty limited or the new grand cherokee!
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Sorry to hear the news.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #15
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

I hate when that happens lol. He could be right about the AC though. While your not using the AC in 34* weather you may have been using the defront. When you turn the defrost on it also kicks on the AC compressor. it does this to dehumidify the air blowing on your windshield.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.