Lift kit help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Lift kit help

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
drewkk
2008 KK Liberty 

Lift kit help

I have an 08' KK and I have a few questions about a lift since I'm still pretty new to the process. I'm definitely going with a spring lift and not a budget spacer lift. I'm trying to decide between the JBA (Jeepin-By-Al) basic 2.5" lift and the 2.5" adjust-a-strut coilover system. I'm probably going with the basic as I just don't have the money for the best that he has to offer.

1) Will I only need the adjust-a-strut if I plan to add things such as a winch and skid plates?

2) I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but is the ride for the basic kit a lot different than the adjust-a-strut system.

3) How does the basic kit ride differ from stock?

4) If I go with the basic kit, will I need the new upper control arms? Is there anything else I'll need?

5) What would be the best tire size for the lift to fill out the well without any modifications due to rubbing?

Thanks for any help!

drewkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkk View Post
I have an 08' KK and I have a few questions about a lift since I'm still pretty new to the process. I'm definitely going with a spring lift and not a budget spacer lift. I'm trying to decide between the JBA (Jeepin-By-Al) basic 2.5" lift and the 2.5" adjust-a-strut coilover system. I'm probably going with the basic as I just don't have the money for the best that he has to offer.

1) Will I only need the adjust-a-strut if I plan to add things such as a winch and skid plates?

2) I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but is the ride for the basic kit a lot different than the adjust-a-strut system.

3) How does the basic kit ride differ from stock?

4) If I go with the basic kit, will I need the new upper control arms? Is there anything else I'll need?

5) What would be the best tire size for the lift to fill out the well without any modifications due to rubbing?

Thanks for any help!
First off good choice on going with a full spring and not a spacer lift.

1) Yes the Adjust a Strut will allow you to compensate for the added weight as you upgrade down the line with Skids, Bumpers Etc, The Skyjacker lift will not.

2)The Adjust a Strut is a high end Bilstein lift with a LifeTime Warranty, the Skyjacker is a cheaper spring lift that does not have a LifeTime Warranty and can only dream of riding as nice as the Bilstein

3)The Skyjacker setup will probably ride close to stock ride, maybe even a little stiffer. Skyjacker is known for their stiff ride

4) If you only go 2.5" of lift you will not need new Upper Control Arms but its recommended because it will cause your Upper Ball Joints to fail faster due to the extreme angle they will be subjected to. Again if only going 2.5" and your leaving your sway bars connected you wont need brake lines or a trackbar but you will need new Shocks for the rear.

5) 245/75/16 is the most common fit and is what i have.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
bigworm36
2011 JK Wrangler 

Im about to order the JBA 2.5 basic as well. I also was wondering the same stuff. Doesnt the basic kit come with 2 shocks? So basically if i get this kit there will be no modificatons necessary to install, but maybe down the road I will need new arms?

Current- 2011 Rubicon Unlimited
bigworm36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.