Liberty wiring harness: switched interior aux power wire? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty wiring harness: switched interior aux power wire?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Thnks Mayadog.

I've been "gong-show" busy for the past few months, ...haven't had much time to update my pics etc.

Maybe I'll get around to snapping photos of a few of the recent changes (more than a few) and uploading them over the weekend.

I definitely found a use for the extra red switch. In fact, I had to add a green and an amber switch as well. It was nice and easy though, having previously added that fused splitter. "Plug 'n Play"!

2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #17
PURPLEREIGN1088
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post
Finally made it to my pc. Here are some pics I took of the final product:

1) Locations to attach power (M7 fuse slot closest to drivers wheel well) and ground (hard to see, bolt below fuse box). Note where I made the little "notch" in the fuse box for the power to get in to the fuse box. It is important that you keep the fuse box ABSOLUTELY moisture free, for obvious reason. Since having taken this photo, for extra measure I have added a rubber grommet at that spot so it completely sealed when closed.

2) In my case I knew I would be likely adding things down the road, so I put an inline fuse on the power coming from m7, and ran the power to a 12v splitter with fuses built into each input, and dip switches (for extra-extra control!!!). The ground from the splitter is what is attached to the ground location in pic#1.

3) A little better view of the 12v splitter, ...ready and waiting for up to 5 more highly sophisticated top secret weapons. It is difficult to see where the yellow/green wire actually go but: ground/green goes to negative on led lights. power/yellow goes through grommet in engine, to interior switch, then comes back out to the power on the led light.

4) Location of interior switches. Blue switch lights up when the LED's are turned on. The red switch already has wires that go through the grommet to the engine so I didn't have to keep ripping my dash apart when I wanted to finally connect something, but is still unused at this point.

5) My super-dope Lib after some mudding, showing off the end result.

I'm not sure it is possible to explain this in any more detail?

If anybody can't figure this out now, ...you never will.

i know this is an old thread but what kind of fuse box is that? brand?
PURPLEREIGN1088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.