Finally made it to my pc. Here are some pics I took of the final product:
1) Locations to attach power (M7 fuse slot closest to drivers wheel well) and ground (hard to see, bolt below fuse box). Note where I made the little "notch" in the fuse box for the power to get in to the fuse box. It is important that you keep the fuse box ABSOLUTELY moisture free, for obvious reason. Since having taken this photo, for extra measure I have added a rubber grommet at that spot so it completely sealed when closed.
2) In my case I knew I would be likely adding things down the road, so I put an inline fuse on the power coming from m7, and ran the power to a 12v splitter with fuses built into each input, and dip switches (for extra-extra control!!!). The ground from the splitter is what is attached to the ground location in pic#1.
3) A little better view of the 12v splitter, ...ready and waiting for up to 5 more highly sophisticated top secret weapons. It is difficult to see where the yellow/green wire actually go but: ground/green goes to negative on led lights. power/yellow goes through grommet in engine, to interior switch, then comes back out to the power on the led light.
4) Location of interior switches. Blue switch lights up when the LED's are turned on. The red switch already has wires that go through the grommet to the engine so I didn't have to keep ripping my dash apart when I wanted to finally connect something, but is still unused at this point.
5) My super-dope Lib after some mudding, showing off the end result.
I'm not sure it is possible to explain this in any more detail?
If anybody can't figure this out now, ...you never will.