Liberty Transmission Dipstick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty Transmission Dipstick

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Liberty Transmission Dipstick

The 2008 and up liberty transmission does not come with a dipstick. Satan (dealership) want you to bring your jeep in to check it.

I ordered one from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...-/400183926371

According to the shop service manual, the fuel filter is built in with the fuel pump in a fuel module (assembly) and is only changed when the fuel pump fails.
A new fuel pump module comes with a fuel filter. You can buy the fuel pump motor and fuel filter separately, but the module is somewhat difficult to dissassemble

All fluids in the liberty is the life blood of the it performance. I disagree with some of the maintenance intervals the listed. I drive my jeep everyday and the Transmission, rear diff and radiator fluid will be replaced ONCE A YEAR.

Oil, filter and ECU reset every 2500 miles, Spark plugs every 30k miles.

I was somewhat upset to see Jeep did not list the fluid quantity in the owners manual and not at the jeep website click here ---> https://www.jeep.com//hostb/crossbra...hp?topic=12799 then click on maintenance chart

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

Dipstick-/400183926371

Is that the actual dipstick # if ordered at dealer or elsewhere? My manual states the transmission dip stick tube is sealed and should not be tampered with. Does this mean that Jeep might void the warranty if I break the "seal" and install a dip stick?
royhkeith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
alexfiggy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Any more info on this? I have a2005 it has the same trans it's 42 rle and it has dip stick .I been servicing the trans for years WTF.
alexfiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.