Liberty trailer light harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty trailer light harness

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
stumpjumper397

Liberty trailer light harness

I hear have seen several posts where people talk about having the dealer activate the trailer lights. Do the 2008 Libertys (no trailer pkg) have all the wiring with the exception of the trailer hook up piece? If so, where is the plug in located?

stumpjumper397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

I have an 08 Liberty Limited and it didn't come with a trailer hitch originaly and I installed the trailer hitch my self including the wiring harness, the hitch is no biggie, 15 minutes, The harness..... about 1.5 hours, you have to remove the tail lights and put new connectors on the tail light sockets, that's just where you start. after that you have to read the installation instructions further and tells you to run the massive harness underneith the car (you are provided lots of zip ties) over the gas tank along the side rails and up through the engine bay to the battery.. FUN FUN. anyways you do not have to take it to the dealer to be reflased, all the lights work perfectly, you only need to go to the dealer if you were to have the electronic brake controller installed and that's what the dealer reflasehes (only for HEAVY towing)

BTW, the plug is located to the left of the hitch
Soon to come: '13/'14 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
08KKJeepGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
stumpjumper397

I know about the light hook ups that plug in to the tail light sockets. My question is about the existing wiring. I was thinking that maybe Jeep used the same wiring harness on all and just did not but the trailer light socket on the end. I am not interested in brake siring just running and brake lights.
stumpjumper397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08KKJeepGrn View Post
I have an 08 Liberty Limited and it didn't come with a trailer hitch originaly and I installed the trailer hitch my self including the wiring harness, the hitch is no biggie, 15 minutes, The harness..... about 1.5 hours, you have to remove the tail lights and put new connectors on the tail light sockets, that's just where you start. after that you have to read the installation instructions further and tells you to run the massive harness underneith the car (you are provided lots of zip ties) over the gas tank along the side rails and up through the engine bay to the battery.. FUN FUN. anyways you do not have to take it to the dealer to be reflased, all the lights work perfectly, you only need to go to the dealer if you were to have the electronic brake controller installed and that's what the dealer reflasehes (only for HEAVY towing)

BTW, the plug is located to the left of the hitch
i know this thread was a while back, but i just instakked the mopar harness and it is making a clicking noise comming from the big black nylon sac in the driver side tail light. do you have this problem? also my reverse lights no longer work. any ideas? thanks
redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.