Liberty Sport vs. Liberty Limited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty Sport vs. Liberty Limited?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
hk0491

Liberty Sport vs. Liberty Limited?

Hello all!

I'm a prospective Jeep owner, and I've been looking at a lot of the 2010-11 Liberties. I've been seeing mostly Sports, with the occasional Limited, and I'm wondering what the difference is? I know the Limited usually has nicer interior, with leather, etc. but is there a drive difference? I heard a rumor that the Limited had smaller/different tires, etc.

I know there's a big price difference, but I'm wondering what the biggest differences in the actual vehicle are.

Thanks so much!

hk0491 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Only differences are options. Limited gets some chrome, bigger/different wheels(I believe same or similar size tire, little wider, same height, smaller sidewall). You also get the leather/heated seats etc. Idk if Sports can get the leather seats. I don't think there was too much separating them option wise.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

Its all trim related. The bones are all the same.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
grsmnky

I'm pretty sure all 2010-11 Libertys have the same drivetrain. Some have the optional Selec Trac differential.
grsmnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Limited editions you can get a different sound system as well. My sport just has a 4 speaker system and that can be upgraded in all models though I believe.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
ASK87
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk0491 View Post
Hello all!

I'm a prospective Jeep owner, and I've been looking at a lot of the 2010-11 Liberties. I've been seeing mostly Sports, with the occasional Limited, and I'm wondering what the difference is? I know the Limited usually has nicer interior, with leather, etc. but is there a drive difference? I heard a rumor that the Limited had smaller/different tires, etc.

I know there's a big price difference, but I'm wondering what the biggest differences in the actual vehicle are.

Thanks so much!
ive got the limited Trim , those are the differences i've noticed from the Sport :

- comes with 18" Tires + Side Chrome Plates and Front Chrome Grill (7 slot Chrome Grill in my opinion makes The liberty Stand out from any other SUV ) .
- Leather Seats , it really makes Difference , ! you feel you like inside A Luxury Car instead of a pick up Truck !! not to mention it NEVER STAINS .

- Memory seat (2 Person Data ) (including Mirrors and step in / step out Assist) , Heated Seats ,Auto head light and rain sense Front/Back Wipers .
- Auto Shading Mirror ( My Favourite ) ( To Avoid eyes pain from stupid Dimming Drivers in the back )

- Dual AC Control instead of Standard A.C

- U Connect (AWESOME ) , and LCD Screen . better Sound system .
-Traction Control and SelecTRAC /Command TRac .

this is all i can think of now ,, am sure there are more ...
-
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

sport has traction control as well with the 4x4 model. The sport can upgrade the sound system to match the limited as well. Sport does not get the wheels, chrome, leather / memory seating and dual ac control. At least those options were not given to me at the time of purchase, of course that was in 2012. Who knows about other years.
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Limited comes with EVIC.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

I might be confusing it with the Jet, but is the limited trail rated?
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

I have a trail rated sport, I think the limited can be as well. Just means you have a skid plate or two along with 4x4 and I think the extra cooler but don't quote me on that.
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
I have a trail rated sport, I think the limited can be as well. Just means you have a skid plate or two along with 4x4 and I think the extra cooler but don't quote me on that.
I've got a trail rated Arctic with no skid plates.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges
Dont think the skids are a requirement. Think the main thing between the models is the tires. Once you start going with the bigger wheels you start getting a shorter sidewall on your tires, giving one of the reasons that some models are not trail rated. Obviously the 4x4, or the lack thereof i should say is another obvious reason. My sport is trail rated, but no skids. I know the Jet is not trail rated because of the fancy wheels, but not aure if Limited also has the fancy wheels or if it does have a basic 16" rim too.
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
supstr1031
2010 KK Liberty 

I own a limited and I will never go back to a sport. It's a million times better, the price tag is not and fixing is not. But I treat my jeep like a man, somedays you haul a** on them and others you treat them like their royalty.
supstr1031 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Mine is an arctic also and it is technically a sport, but the arctic package gave me vinyl heated seats, memory seats, upgraded stereo, tinted headlights and I have skid plates as well. Only thing I wish it had is a sunroof. It's a trail-rated 4x4 with command trac and 16 inch wheels. Limited has larger wheels I think and chrome, etc. Just an example of an upgraded sport.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #15
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutelildevil666 View Post
Mine is an arctic also and it is technically a sport, but the arctic package gave me vinyl heated seats, memory seats, upgraded stereo, tinted headlights and I have skid plates as well. Only thing I wish it had is a sunroof. It's a trail-rated 4x4 with command trac and 16 inch wheels. Limited has larger wheels I think and chrome, etc. Just an example of an upgraded sport.
I'll trade ya my sunroof for your skids.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.