Liberty Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty Questions

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Squizz

Liberty Questions

Hello all. My wife and I run across a 2011 Jeep Liberty 2WD with less than 64K for under $14K. We've always liked the Libertys and love Jeeps and feel that this is a good buy. We're possibly going to buy it tomorrow. I've read all the "reviews" from the auto websites about the unreliability. However, I prefer to hear from forums such as this. It would be greatly appreciated to hear from current owners of varying mileage Libertys about the good, bad and the ugly. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

All vehicles have their issues it just depends on how you take care of it. I've only had my 09 Liberty for 6 months, and the only issue i've had is a bad ignition coil which wear out. Im at 22k miles and other than replacing the crappy Wrangler ST's im loving my Liberty.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER
All vehicles have their issues it just depends on how you take care of it. I've only had my 09 Liberty for 6 months, and the only issue i've had is a bad ignition coil which wear out. Im at 22k miles and other than replacing the crappy Wrangler ST's im loving my Liberty.
Love mine. Don't expect good gas mileage or a rocket ship. Treat it well and she will usually treat you well. Make sure you are fine with the 2wd before investing your money I to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Love mine. Don't expect good gas mileage or a rocket ship.
Ditto

Love mine. Does exactly as I expected and is just what I needed at the price point.
Fuel Revolver 16X8
Rock Lizard Basket Rack

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Well the positive about 2wd is it's less expensive to maintain and you will get a little better mpg. For a rwd drive vehicle the Lib handles the snow pretty well. However if you travel where there are a lot of snow and hills down the road you may want to reconsider.

Moreover I had some difficulties with mine - rear crank seal x2 so far it hasn't been leaking oil and had my gas tank replaced and no issues with fuel burp.

I still enjoy driving it, it can carry a lot of weight very well, has a great turning radius, but mostly it built on an incredible strong chassis.

Good luck
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Love mine (I was skeptical at first but after seeing what she can do on and off road I grew to love her). Like rescue said, they arent a rocket ship, horrible off the line but for an suv it can scoot when it needs to.

Overall a good vehicle, especially for the price...I wouldnt pass one up
JeepGirl96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.