Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Liberty Gas Mileage

13K views 63 replies 40 participants last post by  rk911 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I was just wondering what you are seeing gas mileage wise in your libertys. I searched many forums and couldn't find a good answer. I am deciding between a Patriot or a Liberty. I really like both of them but I don't really like the CVT transmission in the Patriot:thumbdown:, and I don't want the manual either. So I am sort of leaning towards the Liberty. Please post the MPG you are seeing in your libertys.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Lifted on 245/75 A/T Tires i get Mixed Highway and City 18.1MPG and straight Highway for the whole tank is 22.2MPG

#4 ·
CRD is the only Liberty that gets reasonable Gas Milage. The Liberty is up high, weights around 5K Pounds and is the shape of a Bread Box so mileage is going to be bad unless you go CRD

#5 ·
Mine gets a squeak above 18 in the summer. Now that it's winter, and with the winter-blend gasoline, I'm getting about 16 and a half.

#9 ·
Yeah, I just got an "04 4x4 about 1 month ago, and was rather surprised at the crappy gas mileage myself. I'm getting between 16.5-17.5 MPG, and it's mostly highway mileage. If you're looking for an economical compact 4x4, the Liberty is not the way to go.

That being said, the Liberty is definitely built a bit heavier and is more capable (towing, off-roading) than your typical CRV or Escape.

#14 ·
Mine has been steady 21mpg and this week I believe it's been higher than 24 this week, so far my wife and I put in the same amount of gas and she has burned more gas than myself(She has a dodge Stratus 2.4L) and I have a 05 Liberty 3.7L and drove over 135 miles since monday and I still have a half a tank from 3/4 starting on Sunday afternoon. She's on a 1/4 tank! I'll repost my mileage friday when I fill up my tank.

#18 ·
I have the CRD and my stop and go mileage isn't much better than the gasers on the highway maybe mid 20's, but I have a heavy foot. The Liberty really shines when the road conditions are bad or off road, it wasn't designed or built to be an economy car, this is a heavy for it's size suv with a real 4 wheel drive system. The very best mileage run I've had was 1200 miles on 3 gallons of real diesel. I guess that I should also say it was being towed on the back of my motor home.:laugh::laugh:

#20 ·
On the hwy, the best is around 33 mpg on the KJ. In town is averaging 22 to 24. :D

Won't even discuss what the TJ does. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.