Liberty Autostick? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty Autostick?

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Liberty Autostick?

I just bought a KK Liberty with 10k miles on it. It's my first automatic transmission. Not being able to control the shift points is driving me crazy. lol Seems to shift a lot between 3rd and 4th when cruzing. As soon as the 5 years are up on the power train warranty I'm thinking doing an Autostick mod so that I can shift the auto transmission manually. Did the Liberty ever come with the Autostick feature? I'm wondering if anyone has modified theirs and how hard it would be.

Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

are you talking about the lifetime powertrain warranty? lifetime does sound like a long time to wait to add a new feature.
brunolambert is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't think it has ever been done. Not even sure if it would work with the cpu(but I also don't know much about the cpus in cars nowadays). If it might work you could hunt down a manual from an 08 and swap it in(again, don't hold me to anything, idk if it would work with all the computers etc), unless you don't want to work a clutch anymore.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

2011 is 5 years or 100k miles on the drive train warranty.

I would have bought a JKU with a manual, but I couldn't afford it so I went with the Liberty. I figured I could get used to the automatic. I guess I just have automatic buyers remorse right now. Hopefully I get over it. My guess is that the mod would probably not be too simple anyway. I figured I might as well ask if anyone has done it.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.