Liberty Autostick? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty Autostick?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Liberty Autostick?

I just bought a KK Liberty with 10k miles on it. It's my first automatic transmission. Not being able to control the shift points is driving me crazy. lol Seems to shift a lot between 3rd and 4th when cruzing. As soon as the 5 years are up on the power train warranty I'm thinking doing an Autostick mod so that I can shift the auto transmission manually. Did the Liberty ever come with the Autostick feature? I'm wondering if anyone has modified theirs and how hard it would be.

Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

are you talking about the lifetime powertrain warranty? lifetime does sound like a long time to wait to add a new feature.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't think it has ever been done. Not even sure if it would work with the cpu(but I also don't know much about the cpus in cars nowadays). If it might work you could hunt down a manual from an 08 and swap it in(again, don't hold me to anything, idk if it would work with all the computers etc), unless you don't want to work a clutch anymore.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

2011 is 5 years or 100k miles on the drive train warranty.

I would have bought a JKU with a manual, but I couldn't afford it so I went with the Liberty. I figured I could get used to the automatic. I guess I just have automatic buyers remorse right now. Hopefully I get over it. My guess is that the mod would probably not be too simple anyway. I figured I might as well ask if anyone has done it.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.