Liberty 2008 - rubber around the shaft - problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Liberty 2008 - rubber around the shaft - problem

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 09-02-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
langus

Liberty 2008 - rubber around the shaft - problem

I have a 2008 liberty, the rear drive shaft had a rubber boot around it which was broken a few days ago. I'm looking for that part here in Europe but no chance. Instead of that jeep sellers suggest me to buy a new shaft with rubber for 400 euro = $600

Is anybody who can give me some hint where can I buy new or used rubber in the US?

Thank you in advance

Martin

langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I Checked the Official Parts Manual and it only list 2 parts, the Entire Drive Shaft and the Bolts that hold it to the Transfer Case and to the Rear Axle. So it appears that you will need to replace the entire Drive Shaft. I would check a junkyard first to see if you can just unbolt the Drive Shaft and it should just drop out. Should be real easy to do.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The OEM rear driveshaft is not servicable so you must replace the whole driveshaft as one unit.Heck you can not replace the u-joints,you must replace the whole driveshaft if you get a bad u-joint.

And no it's not a bad design as almost every vehicle(not just Chrysler) made today have non-servicable driveshafts till you get into the 3/4+ trucks.
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Rooster2387

[B]I have your solution to the non replaceable rubber boot, I have spent 4 months on the phone with spicer a d I can get the boot for 20 bucks intact I bought 2. My skid plate took a hard hit and bit my boot if your interested in a part number let me know. I have the first two in the aftermarket world one is on my jeep now
Rooster2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
lmb203

help!

I need one of those rubber boots asap.
lmb203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Rooster2387

Its been a while, I will try to locate the part# it is for the boot only, no straps
Rooster2387 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.