Leveling kit curiosity - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Leveling kit curiosity

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
davepesce

Leveling kit curiosity

I have a 2010 kk and I have been wanting to put a lift on it but I am a broke college student and I don't see that kind of money coming in any time soon. I was wondering if a leveling kit for the kk was a possibility? Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

davepesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

If you just want to level out the front end, do a search for "clevis lift" and you should find what you're looking for

Here is a post with a couple links at the end. KK is same as KJ http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/clevis-lift-447282/
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
AtTheHelm

You could do a 3/8" clevis lift, add 1/4" top plates from jba and 4 rear spring isolators (2 per side) for a small cheap lift. You'll get about 1.25" in the front and 1/2" in the rear.
Be forewarned though, once you do that you'll just want more.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

If using 2 rear spring isolator's per side you'd get an inch lift
If you want it level I'd do the clevis and top plate , then one rear iso per side since they have a natural rake from the factory

also make sure you get an alignment after any type of lift in the front

JeepinByAl
Strut plates 27.95
Clevis is basically free
forget what the rear iso's are off the top of my head for a KK
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I think the isos are around $10-15
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
davepesce

Thanks guys, that was exactly what i had in mind. Additional question.

If i were to put on the clevis lift, strut plates, and the isos, is this going to put extra pressure on my springs and struts/shocks resulting in the replacement of these parts sooner??
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
davepesce

Additionally, i do a decent amount of off roading and have my occasional bottom outs, which is why im looking for the extra bit of lift. Is this something that would be worth while, or will it end up bighting me in the a** down the road??
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Bottoming out is due to the weak springs on the KK. Fronts are only rated at 310 lb and by the time you get 50-60,000 miles most have already sagged about 1/2 to an inch . So weak springs and shocks will cause it.
Doing a clevis and top plate will give you more height but will not stop the bottoming out completely. May help some but.........
Only real cure is of course a full springs / shock replacement
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

It shouldn't bite you. Honestly I run the OME 927 front springs, and 731 rear springs with Bilstein shocks. I also added the 3/8" clevis lift, 1/4" top plate, and then 2 extra rear isos to get a total of 3.5" or so. I think I might be a little higher, but I'm also not as heavy as some of the other Libertys and I'm still breaking everything in with about 2k miles or so on the lift.

So when you save up the extra money you can always upgrade and add in the springs and shocks combined with what you're buying. Just make sure that if you do end up eventually getting the springs, that you buy al's a-arms. It's highly recommended, and even with them I'm having a hard time aligning my front end(my KK was always hard though).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.