Largest tire for Stock KK Limited 18" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Largest tire for Stock KK Limited 18"

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
travelhawk
2008 KK Liberty 

Largest tire for KK Limited - is 235/60 the max for R18 stock wheel?

My 2008 Liberty has original tires MTS P235/60 R18 -- so, pretty large already, 29.1 inch diameter according to tire size calculator.

I'd like to raise the rig a bit, mainly so it is better matched to the tow bar height of the motorhome it rides behind.

Right now the height difference is 6 inches, ideally it would be 2" or less, but 4" would be an improvement. So, the ultimate goal is to raise the Liberty at least 2" or more. Less than that doesn't help the problem.

Easiest is to buy larger tires -- if they fit. Anyone have an opinion or even better, direct experience? What is the max tires size that can fit -- note the 18" stock wheels?

And/or, I could lift the body a bit. What is recommended to do this, and what might it cost?

Again, the main goal is to raise the chassis height, with added clearance being a by-product. (Unlike my earlier GPW which I took anywhere/everywhere, this Liberty is limited to Jeep-grade "roads", not crawling.)

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by travelhawk; 10-13-2010 at 08:28 PM..
travelhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
jerwhite
2008 KK Liberty 

Wow. Seems to be the trend on this site. A lot of questions and very little answers. I have been researching this for two years. Still haven't found a definitive answer. I have switched moods to researching different rim/tire combos. Good hunting.
jerwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
DoubleK
2008 KK Liberty 

i heard a couple of different things. i heard that with my KK, i can fit 265/70/r16 without a rub bc i also have a lift, but then again i've heard the opposite..... so idk about your size, heck idek about mine lol ill tell you how it goes when i get the lift and tires in
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
ddmag52
2008 KK Liberty 

I just had 245-60-18 tires put on so far no rub at all.
ddmag52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.