KL vs. KK ! ! ! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KL vs. KK ! ! !

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #76
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
The 4 cylinder is a noisier engine. The transmission seemed to hunt a lot. Power was ok.

The 6 cylinder was much quieter and didn't seem to hunt as much. Obviously more power but it felt more refined too.
Is the 2.4 the new Tigershark engine like in the Dart or is it the old World Global Engine ? Not a bad engine either way.

Is that new 3.2 DOHC Pentastar as good as the 3.6 Pentastar ? Hope so! I absolutely LOVE the engine in my 13 KJ!

Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #77
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Is the 2.4 the new Tigershark engine like in the Dart or is it the old World Global Engine ? Not a bad engine either way.

Is that new 3.2 DOHC Pentastar as good as the 3.6 Pentastar ? Hope so! I absolutely LOVE the engine in my 13 KJ!
Tigershark.
Unread 01-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #78
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Poor design... If I were the Ceo of Jeep, I would definitely sack the designer off
Attorney58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #79
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attorney58
Poor design... If I were the Ceo of Jeep, I would definitely sack the designer off
I sat in one at the dealership while my Lib was being worked on. Didn't get a chance to test drive. Love the seats, but did not like the size of the rear pillars on the back window - major blind spots, furthermore the rear roof slopes down for less headroom also making it more difficult to see out of and I imagine less cargo room. Also didn't like the massive size of the dashboard just looks like waisted space. Why is it so big? Throw some gauges on it or something. Well it's my opinion.
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #80
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I sat in one at the dealership while my Lib was being worked on. Didn't get a chance to test drive. Love the seats, but did not like the size of the rear pillars on the back window - major blind spots, furthermore the rear roof slopes down for less headroom also making it more difficult to see out of and I imagine less cargo room. Also didn't like the massive size of the dashboard just looks like waisted space. Why is it so big? Throw some gauges on it or something. Well it's my opinion.
I definitely agree with you.
Attorney58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #81
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Just call the thing the Jeep Pacifica, that's all it is.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #82
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

imho, it is the best out there for those in the market for a reasonable suv with awd. that market would be rav 4, subaru ect..
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #83
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

The Cherokee is definitely growing on me.. I saw a black one yesterday on the street... Looked good to me.. I wouldn't ever wheel it like i would my Liberty though.

Time will tell if these rigs can even be wheeled.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #84
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
The Cherokee is definitely growing on me.. I saw a black one yesterday on the street... Looked good to me.. I wouldn't ever wheel it like i would my Liberty though.

Time will tell if these rigs can even be wheeled.
They can be wheeled, been done. I would say with a good set of tires they'll do as good or better than the KK
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #85
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

For the Non TH versions.. I think clearance will be an issue. I'm sure i could find the information if I felt like searching, but id assume non TH models have similar clearance to a Patriot.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #86
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

No matter what was done to improve it, it's still a front wheel drive crossover with all the limitations of a CUV. They could've redone the patriot/compass and probably improved them but to kill the last SUV kinda sucks. The trailhawk might do ok but for the money I'd buy a Rubicon, in the long run it'll cost less by the time custom armor and upgrades are done.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #87
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
For the Non TH versions.. I think clearance will be an issue. I'm sure i could find the information if I felt like searching, but id assume non TH models have similar clearance to a Patriot.
better do some searching
Ground clearance KK 7.8 inches, Cherokee ( Sport/ Latitude / Limited ) is 9.7 mmmm almost two inches more.
56.1 crawl ratio "available" rear diff lock
Would be interesting to see the two side to side, plus didn't look but I'd guess the approach and departure may even be somewhat better on the Cherokee
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #88
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
They can be wheeled, been done. I would say with a good set of tires they'll do as good or better than the KK
I never realized you hated the KK so much Tom. You really think the KJ is a whole other animal? And you really think the Cherokee can hang with BOTH?

By only going with "on paper" Id say the Cherokee is a Patriot Plus. Which is not a bad thing as long as you know what your buying before hand. You wont hear me bashing any Jeeps really, but like to keep real.

But until we get a nice vid of both doing a good trail to test em, its all a guessing at this point. Im sure once more get em we will see some. I still dont think many are buying those for real trail stuff. But then only the minority bought Liberties for that either...
rangerr47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #89
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerr47 View Post
I never realized you hated the KK so much Tom. You really think the KJ is a whole other animal? And you really think the Cherokee can hang with BOTH?

By only going with "on paper" Id say the Cherokee is a Patriot Plus. Which is not a bad thing as long as you know what your buying before hand. You wont hear me bashing any Jeeps really, but like to keep real.

But until we get a nice vid of both doing a good trail to test em, its all a guessing at this point. Im sure once more get em we will see some. I still dont think many are buying those for real trail stuff. But then only the minority bought Liberties for that either...
Only 10% maybe of the Wranglers are used on trails for that matter if you want to come right down to it.
Don't hate the KK, just think they screwed up with the changes is all, it never sold as well as the KJs did, just not my cup of tea . never bashed them like you said I did, just my opinion is all .
There are vids out there of the Cherokee doing their thing.
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #90
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
better do some searching
Ground clearance KK 7.8 inches, Cherokee ( Sport/ Latitude / Limited ) is 9.7 mmmm almost two inches more.
56.1 crawl ratio "available" rear diff lock
Would be interesting to see the two side to side, plus didn't look but I'd guess the approach and departure may even be somewhat better on the Cherokee
That crawl ratio is for the 4cyl...now Tom, lets be honest. Who wants a 4 banger when you can have a more powerful 6cyl? lol The 6cyl has a 47.8:1 crawl ratio.

And the Trailhawk is the capable model. I don't think the rest have options for skids or tow hooks(just checked Jeep.com, none of them have skids or tow hooks as an option).

And like Ted said, for the price of a Trailhawk I can almost have a JKU Rubicon(going by NY prices, I know JKUs are cheaper elsewhere for some reason). Either way, a Sport or Sahara JKU will out wheel the Trailhawk any day.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.