KL vs. KK ! ! ! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KL vs. KK ! ! !

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #61
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Very true.

Although the wife did see a commercial on TV with KL and said she liked it and would probably like to check it out.,

she is kind of shopping for a new ride as her subaru impreza was recently totaled in a car wreck, luckily the car took all of the damage and she was fine... Probably the scariest Fire call i've ever been on since i had to respond in our Heavy rescue to the accident and i knew she was involved in the wreck....

Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #62
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
Ted, the KL can do the Rubicon in stock form. Moab too. And everything else. Is that not enough?
A few poser shots maybe but .....
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #63
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
A few poser shots maybe but .....
There's also video.
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #64
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt

There's also video.
All I could find were some very mild poser clips. Bottom line is that it's a nice car. They already have two crossovers, why make another one. IMO, there should be an expedition style SUV as well as the Wrangler and maybe a pickup truck. Whatever else they do doesn't really matter, that's where they can compete with the other markets and kick their buts.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #65
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
All I could find were some very mild poser clips. Bottom line is that it's a nice car. They already have two crossovers, why make another one. IMO, there should be an expedition style SUV as well as the Wrangler and maybe a pickup truck. Whatever else they do doesn't really matter, that's where they can compete with the other markets and kick their buts.
100 percent agree. They destroy the competition, so why don't the designers and engineers just take another risk for a more XJ style looking vehicle and that doesn't need to live up to a name like "Cherokee"...
I hope Jeep/Fiat or whoever responsible sells these vehicles well in hopes for more aftermarket parts for our KK's or at least something for the KL to give us some inspiration.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #66
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

When they put a KK front end on the wrangler then we'll probably see more stuff. The KJ was supposed to replace the XJ I believe. The chassis was upgraded but the electronics, V6 and IFS turned people away. I've come to appreciate the liberty for what it is and I see that it's quite capable. Will it run 35" tires? Nope but I'm not going mountain climbing with it either. I see it as an American expedition style vehicle and IMO its better than a land rover, after a few improvements.
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #67
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

My mom is on the hunt for a new vehicle and the KL is at the top of her list. She actually likes the looks. She's asked me to go test drive one with her so I'll be curious to see what they're all about.

I've seen a couple in person (passed one on the highway and drove past a dealership) and it does look a bit better in person from the front at a quick glance. We'll see once we test drive.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #68
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Our local dealer just got some in so I want down to see it for myself. Test drove a 4cyl 2WD since that was all they had left on the lot. Lots of cargo space and storage spots. More room to camp inside than my XJ, by far!
A/C was fast with good coverage. Radio still has the basic control knobs, not all touch screen. Well thought out cubby for the electronic gizmo guy with aux, USB, SD card and 12v with more in the console bin.

They had a Trailhawk in the showroom. That was nice! It was that "garbage can solid gray" color they had on some of their show trucks. It really looked sharp to my surprise. With the slightly darker graphite badging and red accents here and there, I was impressed. 265/65R17 Firestone Destination AT tires and full sized spare. It was sitting next to a Wrangler unlimited "Dragon Edition" and I would not hesitate to take the Cherokee offroading.

Its only a matter of time before we start seeing folks on here putting theirs to the test. Teething of the new technology aside, I'm confident that at least the Trailhawk will live up to the name.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #69
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It only has 1 cubic foot more interior cargo space than the XJ.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #70
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I'll be checking one out after work today. My mom wants to look at a CX5 first but seems to have her heart set on the Cherokee. Luckily it'll be dark when we're looking at it

The interior does seem really nice and has some nice features. I am curious to check it out overall before making my own final opinion. In all honesty, I hope it does well. I hope she likes it enough to get it.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #71
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
It only has 1 cubic foot more interior cargo space than the XJ.
Yeah but the front seat folds down flat and the spare tire is out of the way. The seats are much easier to fold down flat than the way the XJ did
I wish I had a side by side to compare.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #72
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

So we test drove a 4 cylinder Sport and a 6 cylinder Latitude. The Sport and Latitude seemed to have the same interior options. No differences that I could see. It could've been the packages but I didn't look.

The 4 cylinder is a noisier engine. The transmission seemed to hunt a lot. Power was ok.

The 6 cylinder was much quieter and didn't seem to hunt as much. Obviously more power but it felt more refined too.

Handling was great. Very firm and the ride was really nice, especially compared to my KK. My mom said it rode better than her Infiniti EX35 which surprised me.

The interior definitely takes your mind off its looks. But I still want to like the look of my vehicle so it wouldn't be for me. But I wouldn't mind taking a road trip in it as I'd eventually forget what the outside looks like.

It's definitely not a Jeep but they may have a winner on their hands for someone like my mom who wants to come from her Infiniti to something a bit more capable off road and that she doesn't mind getting dirty or taking on a logging road. It's a lot smaller than I imagined it as well.

Previous
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #73
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

All I can say is I hope Chrysler sells the heck out of them. It may not be as capable as Jeeps in the past, and looks well, may be an acquired taste. If it helps keep the company afloat perhaps down the road it could give Chrysler an opportunity to develop some thing else more capable to keep Jeepers happy along side the wrangler and perhaps some more reasonable costing aftermarket parts for older jeeps. Who knows.
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #74
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

After some back and forth with the dealer, they ended up ordering my mom a white KL. Should be here in 6-8 weeks. I'm curious to check it out more in depth as well as in the daylight.

Previous
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #75
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
My wife absolutely hates it.......lol.....says the front is hideous.
Mine does as well.

Didn't Jeep put this design out in front of test marketing group for feedback BEFORE they decided on the final design ??? I think not!

BTW, the new KLs are PRICEY as well !
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.