KL vs. KK ! ! ! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KL vs. KK ! ! !

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Yeah - I was actually just looking at it some more on the interwebs and pics posted up in here on JF. Like I said - still haven't seen one in person. But - I think I just decided that I'd never own one mainly because it reminds me of this:
Difference being, the vehicross was both capable and petty cool for its time. The new "Cherokee" is a lump-o-stinky-stuff.

MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

How long till there are officially more aftermarket parts for it than the KK?
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBJet View Post

Difference being, the vehicross was both capable and petty cool for its time. The new "Cherokee" is a lump-o-stinky-stuff.
That's pretty much the only reason I'd said before that the KL was growing on me - I'd watched a series of utube vids of the Trailhawk on the Rubicon and out in Moab....it is pretty capable.

Still - I think my mind is made up.......I don't like it. :-P

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I actually thought it looked better in person than the pictures. Sat in one today. Like the Trailhawk capabilities. Too much for my budget. Keeping my KK for now
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Remember that the liberty was considered a class by itself according to the jeep engineers. The KL is really nothing more than a crossover car based vehicle and they'd have to prove the capability of it to me by more than a few poser videos. Sorry, I just can't stand the direction jeep is going and I think they're going to kill the brand.
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #21
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Yep, the Liberty was a smaller SUV that was not a crossover, or anything. It was still a fully capable rig that did not ride like a yuppie reincarnated stationwagon, and wasn't made by BMW, so the auto press, and other groups bashed it. Fiat takes over Chrysler, has a platform they want used, because they want back into the US market that they failed so badly in before. So they force this down Chrysler's throat, letting them use their own powertrain. Presto we have this ugly Jeep Aztec.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Yep, the Liberty was a smaller SUV that was not a crossover, or anything. It was still a fully capable rig that did not ride like a yuppie reincarnated stationwagon, and wasn't made by BMW, so the auto press, and other groups bashed it. Fiat takes over Chrysler, has a platform they want used, because they want back into the US market that they failed so badly in before. So they force this down Chrysler's throat, letting them use their own powertrain. Presto we have this ugly Jeep Aztec.
I've always found it weird that our KK registration says "wagon" on it, or at least it does here in Jersey. To me it is in a class of it's own. Not quite a Mercedes Benz, but a pretty well built machine that is more capable than a large amount of it's more expensive competition out there on a SUV/Crossover design. Looks pretty cool, too.
I hope to hear from KL owners in the near future that have come from a CRV or whatever and hear how it compares.
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
I've always found it weird that our KK registration says "wagon" on it, or at least it does here in Jersey. To me it is in a class of it's own. Not quite a Mercedes Benz, but a pretty well built machine that is more capable than a large amount of it's more expensive competition out there on a SUV/Crossover design. Looks pretty cool, too.
I hope to hear from KL owners in the near future that have come from a CRV or whatever and hear how it compares.
It's the same in PA. Even my 00 Cherokee was considered a wagon. My husband teases me mercilessly about it.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #24
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

The wagon designation actually gets some Jeeps around a few laws in some states. Nothing too severe but having tires covered or mud flaps etc
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #25
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

All suv's, bronco, blazer/jimmy, power wagons and jeeps except for the pick up models are considered station wagons. I thought it was strange that my old bronco said station wagon on the title when it was basically a pick up with a closed in body.
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
All suv's, bronco, blazer/jimmy, power wagons and jeeps except for the pick up models are considered station wagons. I thought it was strange that my old bronco said station wagon on the title when it was basically a pick up with a closed in body.
In Missouri, on our titles anyway, all of our Jeeps are listed as "utility" under body style. Which is funny, because my trailer is listed as utility on its title as well.

When you get the Jeeps inspected the state considers them cars not trucks.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

I took the plunge on my 12 KK because of the new Cherokee. I don't think its horrible, just not for me.

I must admit it looks way better in person, and has an impressive number of features. I wonder how it will sell in today's market. Probably pretty good.

My two questions I am pondering are when will they bring back the iconic boxy shape, if ever?
(Jeep kills boxy XJ only to come out with Commander, Patriot, and KK just a few years later)

When the compass/patriot and all new B subcompact Jeep come out, will the design be as polarizing as the KL?
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherox View Post
I took the plunge on my 12 KK because of the new Cherokee. I don't think its horrible, just not for me.

I must admit it looks way better in person, and has an impressive number of features. I wonder how it will sell in today's market. Probably pretty good.

My two questions I am pondering are when will they bring back the iconic boxy shape, if ever?
(Jeep kills boxy XJ only to come out with Commander, Patriot, and KK just a few years later)

When the compass/patriot and all new B subcompact Jeep come out, will the design be as polarizing as the KL?
I hope so, and maybe even still wearing the Cherokee name. Glad I have a boxy KK. Love the look of it.
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I really considered a Patriot before I bought my KK. Only available in a 4 cyl nixed it for me. I love my KK. But there are a ton of incredible features to the KL. I'm interested to see what it becomes.
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

Guess I am the odd ball. I like it. I would buy a trailhawk tomorrow if I hadn't already thrown a ton of money and time into the KK. Needless to say, I am in the KK for the next few years at least. Besides, there is a rule about buying a vehicle its first year. Never ever do it.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.