KK09' , through Flood about 2 feet level - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK09' , through Flood about 2 feet level

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
ASK87
2009 KK Liberty 

KK09' , through Flood about 2 feet level

Last week i had to Drive my car through 2 ft level of water , slightly touched the bottom of my exhaust ,,

sure i had fun passing through with "Victory Smile " all over ma face at stuck Sedans and other Stupid SUVs ,

but thinking should i do any extra service for some parts after this kind of driving ? i think my Air intake is some where near the Hood so my engine should be fine , what other points should i be checking ??

img-20130502-wa0010.jpg  
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Front and rear diffs, transmission, transfer case
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Smetna
2011 KK Liberty 

The breather line for the rear diff is somewhat low. I'd check the lube in the rear diff for water contamination, then buy some longer breather line and ziptie it to the fuel tank neck
Smetna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

at 2 fee your liberty will be fine, the breathers are far enough above that so you should not have pulled anything in. The question is how hard you hit the water and your intake. Since your not telling us about your recently hydrolocked liberty I have to assume you handled it properly. Check the filter and if its wet, take it out and let it dry and thrown that thing back in or buy another one from parts shop. If your going to take that kind of water regularly, yeah, extend the breathers etc. For once in a while though you should be fine.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
AtTheHelm

I'd definitely check or change the rear differential. The breather for that one is close to 2ft on a stock kk. Then extend it higher.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Only takes one time to get water in and destroy something
heiliges
Like you stated we don't know how hard or how slow he hit the water
so while under normal circumstances he maybe OK, I'd still check everything. Better safe than sorry standing there with a 5-600 dollar repair bill
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

was it sea water?
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

So since I haven't done it and now you all scare me, how do you check the fluids and what are you looking for?
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

rear diff is easy, drop the cover down off, clean it out inside , RVT on the cover and reinstall and fill
If anyone of them got water in this would be the number one I'd say.
Of course I've seen breathers that have come loose and are almost dragging the ground. So check them all to see where they are also
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
was it sea water?
Good question.

Was it salt water or fresh water?
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Read about aftercare for Waterfording

I remember reading about this in owner's manual about what to do check after Waterfording. It is more or less check all the fluids.

some folks on the forum recommended to check differential !. I wonder how water get's in to differential fluid? I can suspect Transmission fluid at the most.
RKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #12
ASK87
2009 KK Liberty 

wooh Woo should i be checking all these Stuff ?!! i bought a JEEP especially not to worry about these things
actually it was rain water Mixed with Asphalt Grease and Sand , since it does'nt Rain much in Dubai (once or Twice a year ) , you can imagin what will the water contain i have posted a photo in the original Post ,

yes i have the Stock Limited Trim ,
i drove in speed like 10 Miles / Hour , i was rather slow ,

But am pretty sure no water went into the Exhaust line , i had the highest Exhaust among other cars , not to mention that the KK's Exhaust has an elbow that helps prevent water from going in ,, i'll check the Diff. And Transmission today , as you said .
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

Did it top the tires?
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

If its only about halfway up that Mercedes' tires, I wouldn't worry about a thing
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #15
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

i do a lot of water crossing with my kk, specially wile hunting
i extended the reat diff breather to the top of the gas house as someone else already said.
i found the transfer, trans and front diff breather are hi enough, never had any water at all in any of them, but did on the rear. one thing that i found is that the front brakes tend to get stock after they get wet when they are hot, use a caliper or brake cleaner just to make sure. don't forget that i cross mostly muddy water.

water in the exhaust is not a problem if you were driving the car after you passed the water. water either evaporates of comes out with the exhaust fumes
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.