KK Tire Upgrade Time..... Recommendations ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Tire Upgrade Time..... Recommendations ?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

KK Tire Upgrade Time..... Recommendations ?

My 2012 Latitude w/3k miles has 235/60-18s wearing Goodyear Fortera H/Ls. We want to swap out the tires with one's that have better wet road grip.

I'm looking at Continental CrossContact LX20s. They area top rated tire on www.Tirerack.com Anyone have these ?

Secondly, is it worth it to go to the next larger size on a KK ?? ie.... 245/60-18

TIA

Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anyone ???
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

If no one here has information for you on that tire look for reviews from multiple sites. Never trust a single source for your information.
I will be keeping mine stock size so I couldn't answer a fitment question for you. I will be getting either the Hankook Dynapro ATM or the Cooper Discoverer AT3 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
If no one here has information for you on that tire look for reviews from multiple sites. Never trust a single source for your information.

I will be keeping mine stock size so I couldn't answer a fitment question for you. I will be getting either the Hankook Dynapro ATM or the Cooper Discoverer AT3 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Yep. I've research a multitude of tire sites already.

I was hoping to get personal experience from Liberty owners.

I'll check out those Hankooks and Coopers.
Unread 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

The Good Years came on my 08, after 25-30k I took them off and put Dunlap's on. They were horrible took them off after 10k, now have Pirelli"s on. These are slightly better. Of the three I have had on the Jeep the OE tires had the best wet traction by far. I am going to try the new Triple treads later this year. I had the older series in my XJ years back and they were great. That is my experience with my KK.

Dave
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
The Good Years came on my 08, after 25-30k I took them off and put Dunlap's on. They were horrible took them off after 10k, now have Pirelli"s on. These are slightly better. Of the three I have had on the Jeep the OE tires had the best wet traction by far. I am going to try the new Triple treads later this year. I had the older series in my XJ years back and they were great. That is my experience with my KK.

Dave
What Model Goodyear, Dunlop and Pirellis ??

I'm considering the Pirelli Scorion Verde, Continental PureContact, Continental CrossContact LX20s or the Firestone Destination LE2s....

Goodyear does not make the TripleTread in 235/60-18s or I'd consider them as well.

Anyone have experience in the afore mentioned tires ??
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

CS Dunlaps Scorpion Verde AS. Goodyear makes the new triple treads in the 235/60-18
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Rich_D
2009 KK Liberty 

Looking for any recommendations as it is new tire time for me this spring.

2009 KK, with 18 inch wheels.

Considering Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico.

Any comments or better suggestions?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
BettyHumpter
2011 KK Liberty 

Those are fantastic tires, i had a set on my Lincoln Navigator. It made a great improvement in the handling. Very good tires
BettyHumpter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

I run hankook dynapro ATM RF10 and next set will be the same they perform great in the 6 inch snow got in march and also great in rain and mud hardly even need 4x4.Got 15k miles and they showing no sign of ware just great all around tire in my opinion happy tire shopping..
045.jpg   049.jpg  
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
Rich_D
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyHumpter View Post
Those are fantastic tires, i had a set on my Lincoln Navigator. It made a great improvement in the handling. Very good tires
What are they like in the wet? That's my main issue with the OEM ones...
Not worried about snow, I have winter tires for that
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

I just put 4 Dynapros on my wife's KJ. Man those tires are awesome! Best part is 138 each on discount tire direct with no taxes! 40 more bucks to mount and balance in auto hobby shop. Less than 600 bucks and outstanding tread traction looks handling etc. Almost willing to swap my KK with her!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

First tire id ever consider getting ANOTHER set just to have when these wear out in a few years!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
BettyHumpter
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
What are they like in the wet? That's my main issue with the OEM ones...
Not worried about snow, I have winter tires for that

Wet traction was great for me. They seemed much more sticky than the Conti's i had on there. No hydroplaning issues either. Good tires, and quiet too!
BettyHumpter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #15
Boston08KK
2008 KK Liberty 

Just put on a set of toyo open country at2's. With all the snow we've gotten here in boston they've performed flawlessly.........with the old good for a years the slightest touch of the gas in rain would result in the traction control to come on. The toyo's are a solid tire for everyday use.
Boston08KK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.