Kk spare tire move - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Kk spare tire move

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
How close are you to Detoures in Kentucky? If you don't plan on a bumper, he can come up with a tailbone. Basically, it's a swing out that welds to the rear crossmember and goes through the bumper skin.
I apparently forgot to update my location. No longer in TN. Back in the midwest. SE Iowa, specifically.

BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #17
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have a hitch mount for the spare on my XJ and it's a PITA so I don't access my rear hatch unless I have to. I will be building a swing out for my rear bumper this winter.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
JeepGeezer
2012 KK Liberty 

I liked the KK spare tire undermount just stock. Leaves room for more cargo/sleeping inside, makes it easier to access cargo area, maintains towing/hitch-mounted cargo/motorcycle carrier capability (hitch not occupied by spare carrier), better rear visibility for driver, don't have to mess with license plate location vs. getting a ticket, etc.

Doesn't your preference for spare mount location mainly come down to how/where you use your KK?
JeepGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #19
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

What about mounting it on the roof in a basket? I can't as I have the sky slider. I am just glad I have a full size spare.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.