Kk spare tire move - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Kk spare tire move

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
How close are you to Detoures in Kentucky? If you don't plan on a bumper, he can come up with a tailbone. Basically, it's a swing out that welds to the rear crossmember and goes through the bumper skin.
I apparently forgot to update my location. No longer in TN. Back in the midwest. SE Iowa, specifically.

BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have a hitch mount for the spare on my XJ and it's a PITA so I don't access my rear hatch unless I have to. I will be building a swing out for my rear bumper this winter.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
JeepGeezer
2012 KK Liberty 

I liked the KK spare tire undermount just stock. Leaves room for more cargo/sleeping inside, makes it easier to access cargo area, maintains towing/hitch-mounted cargo/motorcycle carrier capability (hitch not occupied by spare carrier), better rear visibility for driver, don't have to mess with license plate location vs. getting a ticket, etc.

Doesn't your preference for spare mount location mainly come down to how/where you use your KK?
JeepGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

What about mounting it on the roof in a basket? I can't as I have the sky slider. I am just glad I have a full size spare.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.