kk shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > kk shocks

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 02-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
billyc2963

kk shocks

What are the shock specs. on an 08. Is it recomender to get better ones for towing? My 08 does not have the towing package. what shocks would be perfered?

billyc2963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

Bilsteins....................
diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

is it 4x4? if so I doubt there is any difference in the shocks with a tow package and without, doubt there is any difference it the 2x either, but I don't know anything about them. From what I have read on here, the stock springs are junk anyway and will begin to give in time, so if your going to invest in good shocks, may as well look for some good springs too.

But wait for some other more experienced voices to chime in before you drop a lot of money, I've done nothing to my '08 (without the tow package) and I tow a mid size pop-up (3500 lbs) with it occasionally and it has done great.
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
KKeith
2008 KK Liberty 

Bilstiensx2 for sure. Decide if you are going stay at standard height or a lift as the shocks are longer for a lift.

I tow a Camp Trailer with mine and on some of the roads out west in New South Wales, Australia the back of the KK will go from one end of the suspension travel to the other with standard shocks. Then I fitted the Bilstiens to the rear and they control the ride very well. I got the shocks from Jeepin By Al for about $80.00usd each.

Happy wheelin.
KKeith is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.