KK Recall - anyone knows? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Recall - anyone knows?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

KK Recall - anyone knows?

I just got a call from a friend who works on engineering on a automotive company to say that there is a Recall on KK 09 - 10; anyone knows something?

all I know is there is a problem on a break clip but no details.

i'm trying to get more info and I'll try post it later.

beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

More than 24,000 cars and trucks have been recalled by Chrysler Group LLC because a defective part may cause the brakes to fail.
The company announced the recall this week in a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The recall involves 16,872 Dodge Ram pick-up trucks from model years 2009-2010 and 2010 model-year Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Avenger, and Nitro, and Jeep Liberty, Commander and Grand Cherokee models, the Journal reports.
According to Chrysler, the recalled vehicles were built with an improperly formed or missing part in the braking system, which “could result in brake failure without warning which could cause a crash.” The car maker said the defective part problem was detected in December at its assembly plant in Ohio. A worker taking a vehicle for a test drive later experienced complete brake loss, leading officials to fully investigate the problems.
News accounts have not reported how many accidents have been associated with the faulty brakes in recalled Chrysler cars and trucks.
Chrysler now plans to notify dealers and owners this month of the problem and offer to replace the defective or missing part.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

i'll go to the dealer service 2morrow apparently this is happening

Chrysler to recall 24,177 vehicles on brake issue - Yahoo! News
beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.