Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

KK Owners Pictures

667K views 1K replies 342 participants last post by  Mikelpaul13 
#1 ·
Anybody interested in posting their pics? This isn't necessarily for commenting just a "let's see what you got".

How to post pictures is Here.

#182 ·
Nice Jet! I just traded in my 09 Liberty yesterday for an '11 Liberty Jet. Trying to get a pic posted. It's silver as well! Looks awesome with the 20's. Wow somehow it uploaded the pic three times. :-\

Attachments

#184 ·
I agree completely. My 09 had the sky slider and honestly that's why we traded it in. We were bringing it in for service to the roof every couple of months and just got plain sick of it. Plus we didn't want to have to worry about it down the road when the warranty runs out. The solid roof makes the ride so much more quiet and the Jeep just feels more solid. Sunroofs are nice, but not really worth the hassle. They are a structural weakness, reduce the amount of head clearance inside the Jeep, and are noisy. I felt REALLY bad to say goodbye to our 09, but it just had to be done. Other than the stupid roof that Jeep was awesome. Will miss her! But loving the new one so far.

#187 ·
09_Silver said:
I agree completely. My 09 had the sky slider and honestly that's why we traded it in. We were bringing it in for service to the roof every couple of months and just got plain sick of it. Plus we didn't want to have to worry about it down the road when the warranty runs out. The solid roof makes the ride so much more quiet and the Jeep just feels more solid. Sunroofs are nice, but not really worth the hassle. They are a structural weakness, reduce the amount of head clearance inside the Jeep, and are noisy. I felt REALLY bad to say goodbye to our 09, but it just had to be done. Other than the stupid roof that Jeep was awesome. Will miss her! But loving the new one so far.
Sorry..but I disagree....I have a 2011 70th Anniversary model with the sunroof...there is NO noise whatsoever...

Sent from my Verizon 4g Charge

#188 ·
You're right. With a standard sunroof you won't notice much noise difference. I should have specified sky slider only.

I feel bad about the whole situation because I really loved the Jeep and loved the sky slider roof... when it was working. It just failed way too many times to where I was afraid to use it. Maybe in the future they will perfect the design and make it more reliable. Too bad it didn't work out for my wife and I, but we love our new Jeep so far and haven't missed the sunroof too much yet.

#189 ·
You're right. With a standard sunroof you won't notice much noise difference. I should have specified sky slider only.
I fully understand that early models had issues with the Sky Slider. However, I have 41k miles on my 2010 and have had ZERO issues. The noise issue is a non-issue except in severe cross wind. I travel for work and conduct business on the road. Within a close margin, it is as quiet as a regular roof.

You should have given it another shot because it is one of the best options in any vehicle on the market today. The panaramic glass roof in my wife's Audi isn't as much fun as the Slider!