KK Owners Pictures - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Owners Pictures

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #631
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
I definitely appreciate the advice on the lift. Still a rookie :/ Having said that I will do research into a full spring/shock lift. Any recommendations for me to check out? I would agree that I see a bunch of people here are fairly close to my location. You guys ever get together and do some off roading/meet ups?

Ugh so many things on the list to do need to save up some $$$ Still undecided on how I feel about the chrome mirror covers. They came like that from the dealership and I don't see any jeeps around with those but I wonder if they are too "blingy" for the tough zombie invasion response jeep of death look that I am going for in the future.
OME (Old Man Emu) "econo" lift. Brand new I got my for $750 of the JBA website. Research OME. Lots here have a lift with their parts underneath. A quick Youtube search and you'll see some cool videos showing how searious Old Man Emu is.

Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #632
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I definitely appreciate the advice on the lift. Still a rookie :/ Having said that I will do research into a full spring/shock lift. Any recommendations for me to check out? I would agree that I see a bunch of people here are fairly close to my location. You guys ever get together and do some off roading/meet ups?

Ugh so many things on the list to do need to save up some $$$ Still undecided on how I feel about the chrome mirror covers. They came like that from the dealership and I don't see any jeeps around with those but I wonder if they are too "blingy" for the tough zombie invasion response jeep of death look that I am going for in the future.
Not so much the Jeepforum guys, sorry guys, still haven't met a bunch of you lol, but the LOST group used to get together a lot. Haven't seen them much recently though, everyone seems to be working a lot lately.

Anyways, definitely head to jeepinbyal.com for lifts. They basically have everything you need. They have full spring/shock lifts ranging from around $700 all the way up to $4000+ for a 4" coilover lift. Iron man, and OME(Old Man Emu) lifts are popular with OME being the tried and true. All depends on how much you want to spend and how high you want to go.

As you can see by my sig I went with an OME/Bilstein combo with some others to get about 3-3.5" of lift. I don't think I posted the pics in this topic yet, so here they are.

Unread 09-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #633
MaxDamage
2012 KK Liberty 

I checked out OME. Seems like a serious kit indeed, but it says its only 1.5" lift? Or am I missing something? I won't be doing that much off roading really that why I was thinking spacer kit like Daystar with Bilsteins on the rear so I can mount bigger tires. This is my daily driver but I would like to have some off road capability if need be.

EDIT: I see now its possible to go with OME springs and Bilsteins combination. Would run about 700$.
MaxDamage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #634
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I checked out OME. Seems like a serious kit indeed, but it says its only 1.5" lift? Or am I missing something? I won't be doing that much off roading really that why I was thinking spacer kit like Daystar with Bilsteins on the rear so I can mount bigger tires. This is my daily driver but I would like to have some off road capability if need be.

EDIT: I see now its possible to go with OME springs and Bilsteins combination. Would run about 700$.
How much lift are you looking for? They say 1.5" for Australian regulations. If you opt for the 927 front springs(heavy duty gasser springs) you get about 2-2.5" of lift.

Coming from someone with the heavy duty OME springs and Bilsteins all around, the ride is A LOT better than stock. It's stiffer, but not killer. I think with some more weight on the Jeep it would ride even better than it does now too, but I can't say that for sure...
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #635
MaxDamage
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
How much lift are you looking for? They say 1.5" for Australian regulations. If you opt for the 927 front springs(heavy duty gasser springs) you get about 2-2.5" of lift.

Coming from someone with the heavy duty OME springs and Bilsteins all around, the ride is A LOT better than stock. It's stiffer, but not killer. I think with some more weight on the Jeep it would ride even better than it does now too, but I can't say that for sure...
I am looking for about 2" of lift so that would be perfect. So if I order the OME lift kit from JBA for 750$ that would be all I would need? Sorry for the rookie questions, just new to all this. Would this be overkill for a daily driver? BTW nice looking truck you got there!
MaxDamage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #636
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I am looking for about 2" of lift so that would be perfect. So if I order the OME lift kit from JBA for 750$ that would be all I would need? Sorry for the rookie questions, just new to all this. Would this be overkill for a daily driver? BTW nice looking truck you got there!
Thank you. Not exactly sure how high you can go without "needing" upper a-arms, Tommudd would be the best to answer that. If you want to go with the OME/OME setup then yes that would be good. Just make sure you order the N132L rear shocks. Most did the 927 front springs. Not sure what most went with for the rear, I know I chose the 731s. Make sure you get bump stops as well. The teraflex fronts work well.
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #637
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
OME kit would be great for you. Teraflex bumpstops for the front. I think they were $20 or so. For the rear you can use hockey pucks (google search it), or buy JBA rear bumpstops, which you would then have to trim a little bit. I went with the hockey pucks to save $30 and just to be a little more redneck since I grew up playing hockey.

You don't NEED the JBA A-Arms with that lift, but if you can afford it, get them. Some people have them, some don't with that lift (I don't), which is another great thing about it.

As already stated, it is not 1.5 inch of lift. It's more.
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #638
bigblue1
2008 KK Liberty 

[attach]img_119909798404379.jpeg[/attach]
imag0181.jpg  
bigblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #639
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue1 View Post
[attach]Attachment 664384[/attach]
Where was this? Parker's Pit?
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #640
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Not at all, as a matter of fact if this is a daily driver the JBA lift would be even better than a spacer. Yeah it's more expensive but you're not just getting the extra clearance, it's a much better suspension setup all around that'll make for a better ride on and off the road. I don't have my lift yet due to the money, but I'm not wasting my time with a spacer lift, just saving for the JBA.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #641
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
Not at all, as a matter of fact if this is a daily driver the JBA lift would be even better than a spacer. Yeah it's more expensive but you're not just getting the extra clearance, it's a much better suspension setup all around that'll make for a better ride on and off the road. I don't have my lift yet due to the money, but I'm not wasting my time with a spacer lift, just saving for the JBA.
He's not talking about a spacer lift. He's talking about the Old Man Emu suspension lift with new springs and shocks.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #642
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb

He's not talking about a spacer lift. He's talking about the Old Man Emu suspension lift with new springs and shocks.
A few comments above that he referenced a day star lift and then asked if the JBA one was overkill. That's why I was comparing the two if that was unclear.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #643
bigblue1
2008 KK Liberty 

It is blue hole..out in winslow township.nj
bigblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #644
Fletcher992
2012 KK Liberty 

Here's a few pics from last weekend's trip to Winter Park, Colorado area.

Jeff
image00002.jpg

image00001.jpg

Fletcher992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #645
bstephens_kk
2012 KK Liberty 

image-1675231706.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bstephens_kk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.