KK Owners Pictures - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Owners Pictures

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Luke09
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
Elt! Ya did her proud my friend ... That is one of the best lookin' KK's I have seen (tied with MtnLuvr's ). From a guy who is taking a long time to warm up to the new body style that says a lot

Kudos!

Last edited by Luke09; 10-10-2009 at 09:31 PM..
Luke09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #17
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
Elt! Ya did her proud my friend ... That is one of the best lookin' KK's I have seen (tied with MtnLuvr's ). From a guy who is taking a long time to warm up to the new body style that says a lot

Kudos!
Thanks man that means alot. Going to get the Red JBA Upper Control Arms by the end of the year then replace the spacers with a JBA Red SkyJacker Lift.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #18
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanedge View Post
Thanks! The pics were up originally, but when I came back out, the links were there. Thanks for helping me out.
2.5' Lift goes on tomorrow night
Make sure to post pics
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Unread 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
palaz
2008 KK Liberty 

Let me show you some pictures of my KK 2.8 CRD.
As you know in Europe we do get KKs with 2.8 diesel and 5 gear auto box.

In the snow with Geoloandar AT 235/65-17 tyres

In the mountains with 245/70-17 Cooper STT tyres (much much better, of course)

Some mud with inapropriate rubber

My recently renewed face...

On my ramp-measuring jack

Unread 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #20
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by palaz View Post
Let me show you some pictures of my KK 2.8 CRD.
As you know in Europe we do get KKs with 2.8 diesel and 5 gear auto box.

In the snow with Geoloandar AT 235/65-17 tyres

In the mountains with 245/70-17 Cooper STT tyres (much much better, of course)

Some mud with inapropriate rubber

My recently renewed face...

On my ramp-measuring jack

No clicky needed
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Unread 10-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
palaz
2008 KK Liberty 

Ok then, "with a liitle help from my friends" who will make my pictures show without clicking, I am posting some comparison pictures of my KK's flex.

All of them have been taken after I had installed an OME 2'' kit.
However, the left ones are with the rear stabilizer bar on and the right ones are with the stabilizer bar removed (unbolted from one side).
The results I measured were not only obvious in the pictures but also impressive in absolute values: 12% more flex!.
Of course, some rubbing did occur in the rear, but... that's OK.
Also the handling became a bit (only a bit) more vague.

Here they go. Sorry for the Greek words showing on them, I understand it is Greek to you...

The ramp measurement is in cm and was taken just before the rear left wheel lifted off the ground
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #22
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

Are those Dodge Nitro steel wheels on the KK?
ThunderbirdJunkie digs it
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #23
palaz
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-birdJunkie View Post
Are those Dodge Nitro steel wheels on the KK?
ThunderbirdJunkie digs it
Yes indeed!
I wanted a second set of wheels for my mud tyres and the local Chrysler shop had the courtesy to give me 4 Nitro wheels for free.
Unread 10-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
sastre

Lift kit for euro KK CRD

Quote:
Ok then, "with a liitle help from my friends" who will make my pictures show without clicking, I am posting some comparison pictures of my KK's flex.

All of them have been taken after I had installed an OME 2'' kit.
However, the left ones are with the rear stabilizer bar on and the right ones are with the stabilizer bar removed (unbolted from one side).
The results I measured were not only obvious in the pictures but also impressive in absolute values: 12% more flex!.
Of course, some rubbing did occur in the rear, but... that's OK.
Also the handling became a bit (only a bit) more vague.

Here they go. Sorry for the Greek words showing on them, I understand it is Greek to you...

The ramp measurement is in cm and was taken just before the rear left wheel lifted off the ground

Hello, I'm from Spain, I'm going to buy a 09 KK CRD and are very good news for me that you have a lift kit for your CRD, I was sure that not was possible. I was thinking if you could tell me the references of the components lift kit because I'm going to try to buy it here in Spain. Are you satisfied with it? Any remarcable issues? Thank you very much and best regards from Spain!!!
sastre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #25
palaz
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastre View Post
Hello, I'm from Spain, I'm going to buy a 09 KK CRD and are very good news for me that you have a lift kit for your CRD, I was sure that not was possible. I was thinking if you could tell me the references of the components lift kit because I'm going to try to buy it here in Spain. Are you satisfied with it? Any remarcable issues? Thank you very much and best regards from Spain!!!

To be honest when I installed the lift (1 year ago) there was no particular reference in Old Man Emu catalogues for the KK.
So, after reviewng the specs of my new Jeep, I decided to order the part number referring to KJ.
Well, it fitted very nicely with no problems. Because of the heavy diesel engine, I prefereed the "heavy duty" option for the front part.
Overall I am quite happy, but recently I added an additional 3/8'' spacers to the front struts which (I believe) was necessary as the front part was standing lower.
I am sure that by now OME may have a separate part numbet for KKs.
But if you also look in this forum there are now quite a few American shops that offer lifts up to 4'' !!
Unread 10-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #26
sastre

Quote:
To be honest when I installed the lift (1 year ago) there was no particular reference in Old Man Emu catalogues for the KK.
So, after reviewng the specs of my new Jeep, I decided to order the part number referring to KJ.
Well, it fitted very nicely with no problems. Because of the heavy diesel engine, I prefereed the "heavy duty" option for the front part.
Overall I am quite happy, but recently I added an additional 3/8'' spacers to the front struts which (I believe) was necessary as the front part was standing lower.
I am sure that by now OME may have a separate part numbet for KKs.
But if you also look in this forum there are now quite a few American shops that offer lifts up to 4'' !!
Great!! I'll do the same setup as you. I've waiting long time my jeep (bad times for the economy but finally I think I'm very near...) so I've spent my time looking and looking for lift kits (Daystar, Revtek, Skyjacker, Teraflex and Jba) but all those are engineered for KK with petrol engine and I doubted its behaviour with our heavy CRD. That's the reason because I became very glad when I saw your Jeep. After a year usage, do you think it should be necessary extra parts like A-arms or it's enough? How it drives on road after lift kit? Thank you very much for your response, it's very very helpful!!! Best regards from Spain...
Unread 10-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #27
palaz
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastre View Post
Great!! I'll do the same setup as you. I've waiting long time my jeep (bad times for the economy but finally I think I'm very near...) so I've spent my time looking and looking for lift kits (Daystar, Revtek, Skyjacker, Teraflex and Jba) but all those are engineered for KK with petrol engine and I doubted its behaviour with our heavy CRD. That's the reason because I became very glad when I saw your Jeep. After a year usage, do you think it should be necessary extra parts like A-arms or it's enough? How it drives on road after lift kit? Thank you very much for your response, it's very very helpful!!! Best regards from Spain...

With only the OME suspesion on the ride was excellent and less bouncy (I am sure you are experience this in your rear axle).
After adding the extra 3.8'' spacers in the front, well the whole handling is a bit less precise, but I am still happy with it.
After all the KK is a very capable vehicle which can take you to places where most "modern 4x4s" don't even dream of going. It only needs some more clearance!!!
Unread 10-13-2009, 04:59 AM   #28
sastre

Quote:
With only the OME suspesion on the ride was excellent and less bouncy (I am sure you are experience this in your rear axle).
After adding the extra 3.8'' spacers in the front, well the whole handling is a bit less precise, but I am still happy with it.
After all the KK is a very capable vehicle which can take you to places where most "modern 4x4s" don't even dream of going. It only needs some more clearance!!!
Great, superb!!!! That's all I need to know!!! Now it's clear, OME is the way to go... Your responses have been very helpful and clarifying, when I have news I'll post them, sure!! Thank you very very much!!! Cheers!!!
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #29
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here's my wife's '08

Unread 10-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #30
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

^^ Nice Couple there
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.