KK Lift: Which is best? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Lift: Which is best?

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #46
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

FWIW: I have read a number of LIFT POST in the past, but there has been more information offered here to the Newbies to the lift scene than any other I have come across and read. Many post tend to focus on one manufactures lift..period. Many post assume that everyone knows the basics of a lift and the differences between them. This post has helped to clear the brain clutter guessing of what differences there are between various lifts.

So Thank you everyone for your time and knowledge you have and care to continue sharing!!

Unread 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #47
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Drednot:

It looks as though your KK still retains that factory front end lower than the rear stance..is this true? Can the front end on the JBA be cranked up to level out the KK so that is sits level?Yes, I have the front lower . The adjust-a-struts in front adjust to your liking. My kit was the 2.5" but the rear springs gave an even 3" so I cranked the fronts up till they were 3" higher. That way it retains the factory rake (+/-)

If so would you have a photo of the level stance you could post?

What are your impressions of the ride now that the JBA is installed? How many miles have you driven with it installed? Huge improvement in ride and handling over stock. I have around 4000 miles on it and the outstanding on road ride is worth the extra money in my opinion. Off road its been flawless but I haven't taken the time to abuse it like some folks do.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you locate the tail light guards?E-bay

And Last comment...Great looking KK!!!Thanks!!!

I appreciate the feedback. I was totaly sold on the JBA Silver package, but then the Mudd lift and pocketing a grand was looking very tempting.
Hope this helps
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #48
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Hey Tom, no repositioning of the brake lines or anything would be required with your 3.5" kit?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:

I appreciate the feedback. I was totaly sold on the JBA Silver package, but then the Mudd lift and pocketing a grand was looking very tempting.
Me too.
Still thinking silver though...hopefully skids and rock rails in the next year so I like the ability to adjust.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #50
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a few more pics.
You can see where the CV joints just about bind at full droop. There is also a fraction of an inch of clearance between the inner boot and the clevis .

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #51
Shannon-8
2010 KK Liberty 

Put TOMMUDD'S ECONO 3.5" LIFT KIT on my 2010 KK Renegade today. The lift was not a full 3.5". Also, I now need to replace the stock panhard bar with an adjustable one because my rear tires aren't center anymore. And the rear support arms are now too short so I need to get new ones as well. Everything else looks good though.
Shannon-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #52
AtTheHelm

If by rear support arms you mean control arms there aren't any available unless you go custom for big $$. You would probably need to get a longer driveshaft if you installed longer arms too.

What are the measurements from the center of the wheels to the bottom of the flares?
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #53
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot View Post
Here's a few more pics.
You can see where the CV joints just about bind at full droop. There is also a fraction of an inch of clearance between the inner boot and the clevis .

I wish the underbelly of my KK looked that clean.

My 08 looks like it's taken a beating
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #54
Shannon-8
2010 KK Liberty 

My 2010 KK Renegade is lifted and has bigger tires! But now my ESP/BAS light is on. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #55
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon-8 View Post
My 2010 KK Renegade is lifted and has bigger tires! But now my ESP/BAS light is on. Any suggestions?
The fuse box comes out when you install the lift (not sure if you installed it yourself) but you should check to make sure all of the connections got made when the box was reinstalled. I believe that there were 4 connectors if my memory serves me correctly.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #56
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

I did

Quote:
Did you get your updated parts installed? If so how did that go? Any latest and greatest photos with the front cranked up to a level stance on the KK?

Would love to see the photos if you have any more.

As for the difference in the Rock vs JBA, I understand that $1K difference. I guess you need to keep in mind that your dealing with the owner developer who has a reputation he has built and fully intends to protect. Questions or help is only a phone call away.

And it is fully adjustable as to height/ride in the front.

Still a $1K is a $1K and it is your choice where to put it.
I got the roller bushing and o rings for the rear bilstiens and it makes the fit perfectly no banging around, quiet great ride, killer flex. 5k miles on the lift so far, not one problem.
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #57
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I have nothing to compare to but I am so happy with my JBA Silver.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #58
Shannon-8
2010 KK Liberty 

Tom's Lift and 31s
dsc00918-copy-1024x768-.jpg  
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #59
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Good luck,you will need it.You may get your parts and if you do they may fit.If you have any issues good luck getting any help from Glen.
I ended up going with the RRO deluxe kit as well before I joined this forum and when I got the lift and installed it I ran into problems. Despite what everyone says on here, I have had great service from everyone at RRO. With the help from my shop they spent a lot of time figuring out what the problem was, and then they spent no time doing the right thing and shipped me out new parts right away.

So yes, I did order RRO and there was an issue but at the end of the day they took ownership and kept me happy. Maybe I wouldn't have had that issue with the JBA stuff or maybe I would have. Who knows, but I am definitely an advocate for the service after purchase from RRO.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #60
ghostimpala

shawnicles - I believe your kit is a 3'' lift with "everything????" required to do the lift. Did you have to modify anything else and or buy additional items (drive shaft, break lines, gears, etc.)? What size tires do you have? Thanks.
ghostimpala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.