KK Lift: Which is best? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Lift: Which is best?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Shannon-8
2010 KK Liberty 

KK Lift: Which is best?

HELP PLEASE! I want to lift my KK but I'm not sure which lift to go with. I'm looking for a 2.5-3" lift so that I can put 31" tires on it. The three kits I have found so far are Skyjacker, Rockfather/OME, and JBA. I have read a lot of bad things about all of them. Any advice????

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76117_805X_PG.htm
http://www.rocky-road.com/kkrockfather.html
http://jeeplibertyliftkits.com/jeep-...-package.html#

Shannon-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon-8 View Post
That's what you want.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
AtTheHelm

The jba kit is good stuff. So is ome, but not the one from rocky road. They have a kit that is 4 springs and 4 shocks. Using jba's a arms will help with alignment and spring contact. Also the ball joints are replacable where as the stockers are not. Just call/email Marlin or Brent at jba and they'll get you all set up.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Jba

I literally just installed the JBA silver kit 2.5 with JBAs upper A arms, and Im pretty happy with thride and Ive got duratrac 31s under it.
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Shannon-8
2010 KK Liberty 

I know that JBA is good but it's also double the price. I don't plan on going off the beaten path too often (maybe a couple times a year), so it is worth an extra $1,000?
Shannon-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #6
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I know that JBA is good but it's also double the price. I don't plan on going off the beaten path too often (maybe a couple times a year), so it is worth an extra $1,000?
Short answer is YES!

You get what you pay for.
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
I literally just installed the JBA silver kit 2.5 with JBAs upper A arms, and Im pretty happy with thride and Ive got duratrac 31s under it.
Did you get your updated parts installed? If so how did that go? Any latest and greatest photos with the front cranked up to a level stance on the KK?

Would love to see the photos if you have any more.

As for the difference in the Rock vs JBA, I understand that $1K difference. I guess you need to keep in mind that your dealing with the owner developer who has a reputation he has built and fully intends to protect. Questions or help is only a phone call away.

And it is fully adjustable as to height/ride in the front.

Still a $1K is a $1K and it is your choice where to put it.
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

JBA has kits in the 750 range also for 4 shocks and 4 springs
Some seem to forget that and only look at the premium kits
So for 750 plus the price of the UCAs you're there

PLUS to the OP
you don't have to go offroad to get the benefits of a lift kit
everyday driving will be 200% better as well
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

On the JBA Silver kit. Does this raise the rear an additional 2.5 inches also, or only supply stiffer ride springs, while maintaing the original ride height? With this same JBA kit installed, does the KK set level or is it still a raked butt high stance?

And lastly for everyday, not off the road driving is there any real benefit to the UCA addition? I know down the road it could make a diffence when it is ball joint replacement time, but up to that point is it worth the price?

I like to have all the facts up front and know what I'm looking at before laying out the cash.
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

JBA UCAs help in the alignment, without them you are pretty well maxed out so makes it harder to get it into alignment

Thats why the kit I put together for the KJs has them included
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Yes,the customer service from JBA alone is worth twice that.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002

Yes,the customer service from JBA alone is worth twice that.
Just to a a tid bit.....I don't really care to much cause not buying just yet, but I have called and left two messages and have yet to get a call back.

Don't get me wrong, when I do purchase my OME, I will go through JBA because of the feedback I have gotten on here.

Just putting that fact out there!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Well they do have one main salesperson and with the amount of calls they get for just general info and then also buying lifts they are busy all the time.
Just have to keep trying or send them an email

another lift option out now for the KK owners is this package deal
http://jeepinbyal.gostorego.com/jeep...ft-kit-kk.html
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
AtTheHelm

I called them yesterday, answered the phone 1st time. They needed more info from me and emailed and tried calling back.
Just dial 3 in the phone options and Brent should answer.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Well they do have one main salesperson and with the amount of calls they get for just general info and then also buying lifts they are busy all the time.
Just have to keep trying or send them an email

another lift option out now for the KK owners is this package deal
http://jeepinbyal.gostorego.com/jeep...ft-kit-kk.html
I gotta ask, is this simply a less expensive way to get a lift on the KK? Would you recommend it over the Silver edition package? Or is the Silver Pkg still the better route if the funds are available when it comes to over all ride, value, and performance off road...I don't mean to put you on the spot by any means.

I also noticed that the package with your name in the title does not offer an option for the front strut to be pre assembled, is this an option?

Thank you,

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.