KK Liberty A Real Jeep? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Liberty A Real Jeep?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #76
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
I'm starting to think that people consider the liberty some sort of crossover. That's just not true at all. With the exception of the ifs, tiny wheel wells and a bunch of electronics, there isn't much difference between that and a XJ. The big three have been building ifs 4x4's for a long time, so has Toyota and the aftermarket has a lot of lifts. Cradle drops aren't new but there is only one company making them for a liberty. Is it a real jeep? Yup, no question. They said the same kind if stuff about the Cherokee. I think they would've sold a lot more with a solid front axle and I wish they would've left the spare on the back but I guess that's why we mod them.
This is pretty much true - I'd say the KK, XK (Commander), and XJ are all fairly similar.

Like I mentioned in my previous post - the Liberty is as real a Jeep as any. I disagree, however, that they'd have sold more with solid axles front/rear.
The IFS is a better road performing set-up, any independent suspension set-up is. That's why it was developed and used. Is it as durable, versatile, moddable? That's debateable but for the most part I'd say not quite. At least not as readily or affordably.

Surely it's apparent that Jeep has strayed from its roots in its recent platforms - ditching rugged and durable for stylish and on-road temperament. (I mean what else do you call the WK SRT8 or the KK Jet - not to mention the Compass or Patriot).

You say they'd have sold more KKs with SFAs because you want that in your rig - but keep in mind 90% of the SUV market or better have no idea what SFA even means.

All that being said - there is no question that the KK is as real a Jeep as any other.

BTW - wife's stock KK has the same roofline as my XJ w/ 4.5" lift sitting on 33's.................

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #77
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

This is pretty much true - I'd say the KK, XK (Commander), and XJ are all fairly similar.

Like I mentioned in my previous post - the Liberty is as real a Jeep as any. I disagree, however, that they'd have sold more with solid axles front/rear.
The IFS is a better road performing set-up, any independent suspension set-up is. That's why it was developed and used. Is it as durable, versatile, moddable? That's debateable but for the most part I'd say not quite. At least not as readily or affordably.

Surely it's apparent that Jeep has strayed from its roots in its recent platforms - ditching rugged and durable for stylish and on-road temperament. (I mean what else do you call the WK SRT8 or the KK Jet - not to mention the Compass or Patriot).

You say they'd have sold more KKs with SFAs because you want that in your rig - but keep in mind 90% of the SUV market or better have no idea what SFA even means.

All that being said - there is no question that the KK is as real a Jeep as any other.

BTW - wife's stock KK has the same roofline as my XJ w/ 4.5" lift sitting on 33's.................
You're right, I want a SFA on mine but I was thinking about those XJ folks, some who wanted to but a new jeep but didn't because of the ifs. They were even mentioned at the unveiling about how they cherished their XJ's even with 300,000 miles on them. There was no replacement in their eyes IMO.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #78
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post

You're right, I want a SFA on mine but I was thinking about those XJ folks, some who wanted to but a new jeep but didn't because of the ifs. They were even mentioned at the unveiling about how they cherished their XJ's even with 300,000 miles on them. There was no replacement in their eyes IMO.
Great point and your right - they had no comparable replacement, not necessarily just an opinion. ;-)

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #79
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I was reading I think it was All Par site and an engineer mentioned that he had created an independent front suspension for the Lib that had excellent suspension travel not sure of how much but way much more that it has now, anyway Chrysler Corp should say the German investors according to him threw it away even though it would raised the cost of the vehicle by about $80. If this is the truth that's pretty sad. I would of spent $200 extra for that type of suspension. The article is somewhere on the All Par site forget where.
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #80
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post

I have an XJ with 3.5" lift on it and yes, my wife's KK roof line is about the same height when they are side by side in the garage. The difference is that the overall body height is greater on the KK than the XJ so even though the KK has less ground clearence than the XJ, it is the same height.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.