KK Liberty A Real Jeep? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Liberty A Real Jeep?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 11-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #46
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

well to start the JKs have the 3.6 engine not 3.7
plus the Sahara's come stock with 3.21 gearing
KKs have 3.73 stock
lots of differences
you can go to the Jeep site and look at the build sheets of both
very easy to do

Unread 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Well then post some links or paste the build sheets here. I'm on my iPhone and my laptop is 50 miles away. Jeep's mobile website is crap.
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #48
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Up to 2011 the jk had the 3.7... So yeah.
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #49
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Up to 2011 the jk had the 3.7... So yeah.
Actually from '07-'11 the JK had the OHV 3.8 V6,AKA the minivan engine(right out of the caravan),nothing like the SOHC 3.7 V6 that is the Liberty.The Wrangler never had the 3.7 SOHC V6 that the KJ/KK had.Before the JK the TJ had either the 4.0 I6 or the 2.4 I4,and the YJ had either the 4.0 I6 or the 2.5 I4.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #50
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002

Actually from '07-'11 the JK had the OHV 3.8 V6,AKA the minivan engine(right out of the caravan),nothing like the SOHC 3.7 V6 that is the Liberty.The Wrangler never had the 3.7 SOHC V6 that the KJ/KK had.Before the JK the TJ had either the 4.0 I6 or the 2.4 I4,and the YJ had either the 4.0 I6 or the 2.5 I4.
Sorry, my bad. Been a while since I've had any per 2012 jk's on the lot
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #51
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Clearly a POS mall-crawler.

Last edited by backinblack; 11-21-2012 at 12:55 AM..
backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #52
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Clearly. ;-)
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #53
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Are those all real? Some of those look photoshopped.
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Well, the pics of NASA on the moon are real, aren't they? LOL

Either way, the KK has good bones. I didn't buy mine to do trials with, but there are a lot of logging roads, washouts and blizzards to contend with here. I have a 3000 lb tent trailer to pull also, so this works. To me the KK is a nice blend of Jeep toughness and ability with decent size and comfortable interior. My preference is the KJ, just for the driver's ergonomics, door handles, back seat releases, and basic look...but they're getting old and are fairly noisy. The KK isn't a technology queen and it guzzles gas, but it has a solid drivetrain and suspension, good handling, turns on a dime, has simple low-tech instruments, a nice big interior and cargo area, workable 4x4 with ESP off, locking rear diff and low gearing, has 4 doors for the kids, plus looks pretty macho and still fits in the garage.

If you want to question a Jeep - I'd look at the Barbie Jeeps...Compass and Patriot. I wouldn't drive those down a gravel road, and they'd probably get stuck on a speed bump at Wal-Mart.
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack
Well, the pics of NASA on the moon are real, aren't they? LOL

Either way, the KK has good bones. I didn't buy mine to do trials with, but there are a lot of logging roads, washouts and blizzards to contend with here. I have a 3000 lb tent trailer to pull also, so this works. To me the KK is a nice blend of Jeep toughness and ability with decent size and comfortable interior. My preference is the KJ, just for the driver's ergonomics, door handles, back seat releases, and basic look...but they're getting old and are fairly noisy. The KK isn't a technology queen and it guzzles gas, but it has a solid drivetrain and suspension, good handling, turns on a dime, has simple low-tech instruments, a nice big interior and cargo area, workable 4x4 with ESP off, locking rear diff and low gearing, has 4 doors for the kids, plus looks pretty macho and still fits in the garage.

If you want to question a Jeep - I'd look at the Barbie Jeeps...Compass and Patriot. I wouldn't drive those down a gravel road, and they'd probably get stuck on a speed bump at Wal-Mart.
The title of the post is more of a rhetorical question. I know the lib is a real jeep. It's in my signature for crying out loud.

But some of those pics look (poorly) photoshopped.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #56
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks, Josh. I did catch the facetious tone of the original post....this was for those who took it seriously.

Anyone who owns one wouldn't question it anyway :-)

Stay cool.
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #57
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Haha no fears dude. I'm not one of those jeep forum trolls that beats on their chest and screams to the moon at night "I HAVE MADE FIRE!" I swear there are more 13 year old girls on this forum than real jeep owners.
Unread 11-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #58
crowell33
2008 JK Wrangler 

Between my wife and I, we've had 5 Jeeps - a WJ, a KJ, two KKs and a JK. I currently drive a JK (on the weekends) and my wife currently drives a 2012 KK. I love her KK. It's a "true Jeep" in every sense of the word, and it quite a capable vehicle right out off the showroom floor. If there were more aftermarket accessories for it, I think a lot of people would sing a different tune. It doesn't have to have solid axle to be a true Jeep.

A lot of the people that look down on KJs/KKs/WJs are CJ/YJ/TJ/JK owners and are complete snobs. To them, if it doesn't have two doors and a removable top, it's not a Jeep.

Just my 2 cents.

crowell33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #59
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

There's a lot to be said for ground clearence and for that, I have an XJ (yes it's a real Jeep) to beat up in the desert and mountains. For road trips and easy trails, our KK is great. It cost too much to take out and beat up anyway.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #60
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

The only people that like to talk smack on the Liberty are ones that have never had one or ridden in one off road. Everyone knows the Wrangler is suited best for off road. Then you line up the rest...Just changing the tires will be enough to outdo most others, add a couple inches lift and well Im not sure what will beat it at that point.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.