KK Liberty A Real Jeep? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Liberty A Real Jeep?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
500 no you're looking at 650-700 at the very least which is cheap for a good quality lift
That's not bad then. I can always save up a bit longer. I'm just trying find a good lift that won't set me back $1500 to 3 grand like a JBA lift would. I do need to have money left over for bigger tires once I get the lift, after all.

Mostly I just want to be able to go and do a little light mudding and soft ground trail blasting. While it was fun making my jeep look like this:

I'd like to be able to keep up with my neighbor here in his Wrangler (who pulled me out of the bog)

Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
Zak62592
2008 KK Liberty 

It's a RWD based vehicle, with 4-lo. It sure sounds like a real damn jeep to me. People's excuse is that they feature IFS instead of the aging torsion beam, which proves better handling and the only cons are weight and a tad more difficult to lift.
Zak62592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Never saw a Jeep with the "aging torsion beam " set up
coil springs/ leaf springs / solid front axle/................
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
giabyul

Check out this video from youtube it really shows you what a stock liberty is capable of.
giabyul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

^^^ Not really all that surprising to me. The KK sits pretty tall with some good stock ground clearance. The CommandTracII in our KK Limited is a good 4x system - not sure what the KK in the vid has.

These rigs will do more than most owners will even be willing to try.

BTW - what's up with the SuperMario Bros soundtrack in that video?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
giabyul

Dunno! Not my vid. I found it after I purchased my ride. I just turn the volume down and watch I like it when it drops down the hill and the back wheels almost leave the ground. Awesome I love my jeep!
giabyul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #37
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

IMO the liberty would make a great winter expedition vehicle... Or summer it thats your thing. Just a few mods and a cargo basket, some at's and have at er. Couple days supplies, back country trails (level of challenge up to you) and there you go.... If any of that made sense lol. Winter popped into my head first since the only kk left on the lot is the arctic edition.... The jets sold like hotcakes. Wouldn't go trade in my zj for one, but I'd sure use one to get to some back country snowshoe trails or the middle of nowhere and still have on road drivability to get home after it all... Lack of zj providing lol
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
RogueKJ
2004 KJ Liberty 

Libertys are real jeep. Only people don't think so usely drive a wrangler
RogueKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #39
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Yeah, wrangler guys are an odd bunch. For some of them coil springs are too fancy and nonjeep, let alone air conditioning (omg if there's one thing I love about my jeep it's that the AC works) and power windows... Funny thing is, I see fewer of their real jeeps on the road that are older than ten years than I do ZJ's and they stopped making those 14 years ago lol. Let them stick to their leaky hardtops and rough leaf spring suspension (for those still rockin yj's) and enjoy the kk for what it does... Which is probably more than a wrangle owner thinks...

Again, if anything I said makes sense lol. I tend to ramble
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #40
RogueKJ
2004 KJ Liberty 

Amen. I love my KJ an my WJ an plan on getting a KK some day. Wranglers tops are always leaking an ride worst factory than my 6,5 lifted ZJ ever did. A jeep a jeep.
RogueKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #41
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Yeah, wrangler guys are an odd bunch. For some of them coil springs are too fancy and nonjeep, let alone air conditioning (omg if there's one thing I love about my jeep it's that the AC works) and power windows... Funny thing is, I see fewer of their real jeeps on the road that are older than ten years than I do ZJ's and they stopped making those 14 years ago lol. Let them stick to their leaky hardtops and rough leaf spring suspension (for those still rockin yj's) and enjoy the kk for what it does... Which is probably more than a wrangle owner thinks...

Again, if anything I said makes sense lol. I tend to ramble
Makes sense to me. See that picture on the top of this page with the black wrangler? I rode in that wrangler back to my bogged down KK. I'll tell you, that wrangler rides like a buckboard wagon. Hard as hell and bouncy as a superball on those huge tires. My KK may not have the clearance, but it rides WAY better and can carry more cargo. (seriously. Put the rear seats down and you have 6 x 4 storage space. Same as some small pickups) I've carried more cargo than a wrangler owner could DREAM OF, including an entire backyard party rental consisting of 4 large folding tables, 18 chairs, a 30 foot wide pole tent and a 15 foot wide, 25 foot tall inflatable bouncy castle. All at once. Try that with a two door wrangler!

All I need is a good lift kit, some nice big tires, and maybe a better job to pay for all of that.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #42
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman

Makes sense to me. See that picture on the top of this page with the black wrangler? I rode in that wrangler back to my bogged down KK. I'll tell you, that wrangler rides like a buckboard wagon. Hard as hell and bouncy as a superball on those huge tires. My KK may not have the clearance, but it rides WAY better and can carry more cargo. (seriously. Put the rear seats down and you have 6 x 4 storage space. Same as some small pickups) I've carried more cargo than a wrangler owner could DREAM OF, including an entire backyard party rental consisting of 4 large folding tables, 18 chairs, a 30 foot wide pole tent and a 15 foot wide, 25 foot tall inflatable bouncy castle. All at once. Try that with a two door wrangler!

All I need is a good lift kit, some nice big tires, and maybe a better job to pay for all of that.
Lol I had one of the salesmen today tooting his horn about his 2door rubicon and even though I don't have lockers or electronic disco's on my zj, he can't exactly camp in the back of his jk Rofl
Unread 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #43
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Comparing the liberty to its closest wrangler cousin, the Sahara Unlimited:

Same engine. Same transmission. Wrangler is 10 inches wider but with a greater departure angle. Liberty is shorter but has a better turn radius.

The wrangler has lower gears, stronger axles, taller tires.

The liberty has a better towing capacity, more seats, better 1/4 mile time and a smoother riding suspension.

source:expeditionportal.com

For someone who used a jeep EXCLUSIVELY off road the choice is obviously a wrangler.

For someone like me who uses a jeep for towing a tractor, hauling kids, road trips, commuting from work every day, and whose off roading consists mainly of tractor roads and muddy cow pastures on the way to the deer stand, drives through the slough to the back of the property, trips in the snow and ice to the ski slopes, off-road "shortcuts" in the national parks while on vacation, and fording the bridge off of my street onto the main highway when the water is up (freaky), the choice is obviously a liberty.

I've driven quite a few vehicles off road, from suburbans to pickups to ATVs to dune buggies to a stock Toyota Camry (don't ask LOL) and my liberty would take almost every one of them to school. It may not could keep up with a wrangler on a rock crawling trail but there's no rocks to crawl here. Only mud and sandy riverbanks.
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Some of your info is incorrect
Rubicon has lower gears than a KK not a Sahara
Different engines in the two
start over
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #45
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...rangler-Sahara

This was the only info I could find in the first few pages of my google search that actually seemed to compare the two.

Im not starting over. If you have different info, list it. I'm interested.

What I would be very interested to see would be a jeep build sheet of both. I've got the build sheet from my 08 KK and would be happy to post and compare.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.