KK Liberty A Real Jeep? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > KK Liberty A Real Jeep?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah, I dont get why someone would watch other drivers get into trouble in places they've been and blame it solely on the vehicle and not the driver. There are lots of morons in this world who drive jeeps.

Also such a thing as the terrain on a trail or crossing changing as other vehicles pass, weather changing, different angles of approach, different amounts of speed used during the approach, which 4 wheel drive system is installed on the jeep, what kind of tires, how they were aired up, whether the driver was in 4-low before he got into trouble. And God knows how many other factors.

Unread 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
wisconsinwalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyKK87
Well, this guy wheels his Jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...again-1427406/

And this guy too...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...ralia-1420116/

And that guy...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...in-co-1383189/

So people who wheel their KKs do exist. There just ain't been as much talk on this forum about wheeling and mods for wheeling lately.

As far as light bars, I've seen a few threads about people taking a light bar meant to be hood mounted on a JK and doing a little cutting to make it fit in front of the grille.

Here's the thread, and post #15 links to an install write-up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...g-bar-1388524/

And as far as lift kits go, there are only a few options for suspension lifts. Jeepin' by Al makes both a 2.5" and a 4" lift kit, Old Man Emu makes a 1.5" lift kit, and Rocky Road Outfitters has a 3". I hear the OME kit gives slightly more than the advertised 1.5".

It's an unfortunate reality that a majority associate the KK with grocery hunting and mall crawling. But that's their prerogative. There are options available for the KK, so feel free to pursue them.
Well, I am the guy in the first video. My stock KK surprised the heck out of me and my wheeling buddies. The some mods, this can wheel with the best of them!
wisconsinwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Ok, I guess I fall into the mallcrawlers group for the most part. Im an emergency manager and I wanted a smaller suv so i can tow a boat and get groceries and haul friends. I also need the ability to get to work when mother nature throws you a mess. I wanted something that looks awesome.

My 11 Jet Liberty fits all that and was a great price. It fits me and my lifestyle to a T. I know it's not as capable as others here, but when a truck pulling a boat pulled out in front of me and I grabbed some ditch in a near miss, the liberty was up to the task with the stock street 20s! It is perfect for me!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Nah, you sound like a typical jeep DD to me. From the way half these guys run their mouths about what a real jeep really is and a real jeep really needs I'd be willing to bet their definition of off roading is the dirt roads in national parks that my Dad used to drive us on when i was a kid and our family was vacationing in our 15 passenger van.

And that's if it's not parking in the grass and hitting a curb or two at wal mart,
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
mangarrido
2010 KK Liberty 

Here some pics to show what a KK can do !
img_0959.jpg   img_0960.jpg   img_0961.jpg  
mangarrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangarrido View Post
Here some pics to show what a KK can do !
Sweet!!!! I have taken my KK threw some water, but nothing THAT deep!!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #22
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Sweet! What size tires and lift? And did you have to move any vents or vacuum lines to go through water like that? Also is it standard or auto?
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #23
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85
I was so sick of seeing people call the liberty a jeep for soccer moms, something that was only capable of gravel roads and Walmart curbs, a car not an SUV etc.

Then I start reading on this forum and all I see are posts like:

Hey would these black lug nuts look cool?

Should I drop my KK and put low profile tires on it?

If I get 300 inch swamp rompers but keep my stock suspension will they rub?

Can I use a Little Debbie Popsicle stick for a 48 inch spacer to give myself a lift so my mallcrawler will look cool?

Help! I hit a speed bump at the mall and my dirt cheap aftermarket parts all fell off my jeep which then broke in half and i cant find all the pieces cuz it got run over by a soccer mom in her Hyundai minivan.

No wonder the Libertys have a bad rep. Screw the soccer mom rep looks more like a bunch of mall rats who wanna be thugs are what the Liberty is about these days.

Reminds me of the preppy ultra select rich kid private school party I went to in high school where all the people showed up in preppy designer clothes with "pimped out" vehicles payed for by daddy's money, but greeted each other by saying "what's up my n*****." And left trying to make an impression by squeaking their little tires on the asphalt on the way out.

Is there anybody trolling these forums that has a Liberty and actually uses it for a jeep?

P.S.

Dont get me wrong, there are some upgrades id like to make. I'd like to get a good aftermarket suspension that will give me about a 3 inch lift. Why? Because some of the tractor roads I drive to my deer stand on get bad in the winter and I'm worried I might slip into a rut in the dark, bottom out and get stuck.

Which is why I'd like to install an off road lightbar.

I'd also like to get some bigger wheels with wider tires. Why? If I go up 3 inches I'd like to go out as wide as i can without rubbing to have better stability. None of these have anything to do with making my jeep "look cool." (But I bet it will look pretty beast when I finish.)
Check here
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...orum.php?f=104
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

I prefer this thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=53&t=63315

The Author built his own (very awesome) steel bumpers for his KK. You can see he rides with the best of them!

As for me, I bought it because I live in the Buffalo NY area. I need something that can handle snowy crappy weather and still have room for my three kids. A Wrangler, even the 4door version, can't do that.

That said, I'm planning on putting on a Rockfather lift once I can afford it and some larger tires. If only so I can go tool around in the muddy trails out behind my neighborhood without bogging down again like I did this past summer. (super deep "toothpaste" mud under a layer of grass. Sunk down to my axles and had to get yanked out by my neighbor with a Wrangler with oversized mud bogger tires. Was still fun though.)

I have also added my rough and ready roof rack crossbars from steel square tubing and square "u" bolts. not exactly a "hardcore offroad" mod, but not really "bling" either. (especially once the textured paint chipped off on the front face and they started to get a coating of light rust.)
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Think again about your lift plans
Lots better places to buy/deal with and better products
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Think again about your lift plans
Lots better places to buy/deal with and better products
Had problems with RRO? I've only heard good things about their lift kits. (Although some complaints about their rock rails.)
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
Had problems with RRO? I've only heard good things about their lift kits. (Although some complaints about their rock rails.)
Good things?
better start reading more, only good things I have ever heard was after someone first ordered parts, from there on down hill it goes
They don't always sell what they advertise, for example their Rockfather kits were advertised as OME, but turns out it was front OME springs, their own spring design for the rear, front OME shocks and again their own brand for the rear
Their front UCAs won't fit correctly and on and on
read up on other forums
they even advertised a Toyota pickup as having all of their own products on it and the guy who owned it never bought a thing from them. OR gave them permission to use a picture of his pickup
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Really? Wow. must have missed them.

Do you have a recommendation then on a quality lift kit for around that $500 price tag?
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I feel like I have to tell you, I started with their over the top spacer lift with their shocks (junk). When I told glen they didn't fit properly he told me they're all like that and some crap but I can't remember but the point is he wasn't taking them back. They rode like crap too. The 2" spacers that went over the strut only gave me about 1 1/2" of lift which is strange, it should've given me 4". Anyway, I don't believe they have an original design, everything they sell, well almost everything was copied of ripped off from others. Their over the top lift is just like the one tereflex sells. I've seen where their "unbendable" "indestructible" rock rails with the "lifetime guarantee" failed with no support. I'd be very careful about a purchase from them. I've spoken to glen a few times, he seems like he's ok but I don't trust the company. OME is a good choice IMO. Tommudd's been doing this for a long time, he's got it down pretty good. Be prepared to spend a little more than $500 though, it's worth it.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
Really? Wow. must have missed them.

Do you have a recommendation then on a quality lift kit for around that $500 price tag?
500 no you're looking at 650-700 at the very least which is cheap for a good quality lift

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.